IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Has anyone here heard of The Forest?

16 $ on Steam

It's is still on alpha but I saw alot of gameplay videos and it seems pretty decent.

It's like walking dead + minecraft + LOST

Edited by Allize

I think theres something up with my pc. im running a quadcore 3.4gig i7, gtx770, 8gig ram, and only getting 18-28 fps on farcry 4. there are youtube bench tests with the same specs where its getting 60fps on absolute full.

what can cause a shiter of an FPS rate that isnt hardware related?

Edited by messiaen

Guest jasondonervan

I think theres something up with my pc. im running a quadcore 3.4gig i7, gtx770, 8gig ram, and only getting 18-28 fps on farcry 4. there are youtube bench tests with the same specs where its getting 60fps on absolute full.

what can cause a shiter of an FPS rate that isnt hardware related?

Do you use any global settings within Nvidia inspector?

yep, actually followed the precise settings that the youtube bench mark had, im up to 45-52fps. bit weird that ive actually got higher specs than her on the rest of my gear other than the GPU(which is identical) and shes getting 60, but i can deal with it.

Guest jasondonervan

I know that the adaptive v-snyc can either be a help or a hindrance for me. A recent example for me was Valkyria Chronicles which was getting terrible screentearing until I dialled the adaptive global setting off, which completely eradicated it while maintaining a rock solid 60fps.

nah cos i actually bought it, seems that it was included with the actual game anyway. i can handle 55fps anyway, and almost everything is on ultra so it looks fuckin gorgeous. it was vertical sync screwing it up. i dont even know what it is.

yeah, it's like "lol at those retards that got the game for free unlike us who gave more cash to an already filthy rich corporation!!"

but yeah if you got a legit copy you should have the patch already.

nah cos i actually bought it, seems that it was included with the actual game anyway. i can handle 55fps anyway, and almost everything is on ultra so it looks fuckin gorgeous. it was vertical sync screwing it up. i dont even know what it is.

it's not screwing up, it's forcing your game fps to match the monitor's 60hz refresh rate to avoid the so called "tearing" artifact. though it technically it should only lower the fps when you go above 60fps, not mess things up when you have less.

Edited by eugene

it was vertical sync screwing it up. i dont even know what it is.

It keeps the game screen refresh rate the same as that of your screen - The possible side effect with it off is when you turn quickly you get screen 'tearing' where there's a noticeable bar where the pixels are slightly offset from one another.

yeah, it's like "lol at those retards that got the game for free unlike us who gave more cash to an already filthy rich corporation!!"

it's not screwing up, it's forcing your game fps to match the monitor's 60hz refresh rate to avoid the so called "tearing" artifact. though it technically it should only lower the fps when you go above 60fps, not mess things up when you have less.

but then why would it have the effect of dropping my fps to <20? i do have a shite old lcd monitor, maybe thats it.

The vaste majority of game developers are far from filthy rich.

That Far Cry 4 piracy 'bug' is great. My fav is the Game Dev Tycoon piracy feature for the people who actually pirated the game:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/04/30/payback-game-dev-tycoon-fights-piracy-with-piracy/

the developers got they salary, otherwise the game wouldn't be released.

Getting paid a decent wage for your work is not being filthy rich.

I don't want to get into a debate on piracy. I just think your resentment towards game publishers and still playing their games through piracy to be misguided. That isn't punishing anyone other than the teams of people who worked together to make these games. Usually through grueling nights trying to make a polished product before a deadline and I empathize with them. Giving them the finger while playing their game for free just comes off as disrespectful to me.

personally i'm not giving a finger to anyone, i'm just getting a copy of their game for free. if there was no such possibility (of obtaining the copy for free) i wouldn't have bought it instead, so i'm not causing any lost sales or affect their salary in any way.

anyway, far cry 3 sold 10 mil copies, that's 500 mil$ (maybe less cause the price drops with time) for a company of ~2600 workers (ubisoft montreal), almost 200k per person. so maybe it's not "filthy" but it's pretty damn rich. of course that's not how the income is actually distributed but you get the idea.

Edited by eugene

anyway, far cry 3 sold 10 mil copies, that's 500 mil (maybe less cause the price drops with time) for a company of ~2600 workers (ubisoft montreal), almost 200k per person.

I seriously doubt 100% of the sales go to the employees !