IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

1 hour ago, Enthusiast said:

I just have the SF30 without the thumbsticks. It's great for Mario Maker and other 2d games. They make good stuff, I want their Saturn pad.

Yeah. The sn30 pro is great with mario, I don't regret buying it I guess. Pro controller is great but the pro plus just looks really good. Maybe in the future I'll buy that as well.

rygar.jpg

this was my favorite arcade game when i was young. now playing it on the nes mini. not quite the same but good enough for me until i figure out how to put the MAME version on there

5 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

rygar.jpg

this was my favorite arcade game when i was young. now playing it on the nes mini. not quite the same but good enough for me until i figure out how to put the MAME version on there

I actually thought the NES version improved on the arcade version!

Been going at The Division 2 lately, got a buddy playing with me too... shit is fun a f when you start planning 2 man flanks and sweep/clear tactics.

7 hours ago, Joyrex said:

I actually thought the NES version improved on the arcade version!

some of the colors are off, and those mutated turtles look much different in the arcade version. also- the music is somehow different. 

the atari lynx had the closest port of the arcade game

11 hours ago, Nebraska said:

some of the colors are off, and those mutated turtles look much different in the arcade version. also- the music is somehow different. 

the atari lynx had the closest port of the arcade game

I had the Lynx version! Chip's Challenge and Slime World were my faves (oh, and California Games).

On 8/8/2019 at 6:09 PM, ambergonk said:

14th!

It'll be tricky choosing which game to commit to in the next couple of weeks tho. The 11th will be the 20th anniversary of System Shock 2, and the 15th will be when Ion Maiden Fury is finally complete and out of early access. And I recently restarted Mutant Year Zero and figured out how to play it correctly and am getting quite into it ATM.

If this works well in psvr I think I will be lost to the world for a while.

15 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

^^ i've always wanted a lynx but can never score one with the modded/upgraded screen and improved battery. also, i'm more interested in the lynx 2

The original has its charm, and you could always just use an AC adapter in lieu of rechargeable batteries

you kind of have to use the ac adaptor unless you own a battery manufacturing plant. don't know how much the new battery improvements work but i like the new lcd modifications

i used to have a sega game gear and it pretty much made portal gaming impossible

52 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

you kind of have to use the ac adaptor unless you own a battery manufacturing plant. don't know how much the new battery improvements work but i like the new lcd modifications

i used to have a sega game gear and it pretty much made portal gaming impossible

Yeah, the Game Gear, the Lynx, Sega Nomad (LOL), and the TurboDuo Express were all battery munchers - the Game Boy (and it's successors) were all really good on batteries I remember, until the rechargeable built-in batteries became the norm.

• Joyrex changed the title to What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

How to tell which Switch is which (the newer one on the left with better battery life vs the old model):

dl7bhros1gzyestgmbic.jpg

Switches with the expanded battery will have serial numbers that start with “XKW,” and the following model numbers:

HADSKABAA for units with blue/red Joycons.

HADSKAAAA for units with grey Joycons.

or HAC-001(-01)

The model number for older Switches is HAC-001—note the lack of the (-01) suffix, which is only included on models with better battery life.

On 8/11/2019 at 1:57 PM, ncrtx said:

Breath of the Wild is amazing and totally worth buying a Switch for.

Pretty much what I did, but Mario Odyssey has been a lot of fun too.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

Initial reviews of the system are very positive - sounds like SEGA/M2 really put their heart into this little guy, even more so than Nintendo or SNK did (Konami with the PC Engine Mini TBD), although SNK gets my nod for best hardware (making it a mini arcade unit instead of just a mini NEO·GEO was a stroke of genius, although not perfectly executed).

I finished Mutant Year Zero: Road To Eden last night, after nearly 30 hours. My first two days of playing it I was about ready to quit because I kept getting my ass whooped. But once I took a step back and researched some gameplay tips, I jumped back in, restarted, and it finally clicked. Had a similar experience with the new RE2 last February.
While the combat is basically the same as XCOM's, there's much more emphasis on stealth and guerrilla warfare, as you're limited to 3 squad members at any given time. But you also have much more freedom in the way of exploration and reconnaissance. And like the Fallout games you can travel anywhere on the world map and return to locations at any time. And the Ark is right at the center, which is the game hub where you can resupply and buy upgrades.
I like the overall aesthetics more than Fallout also. I get that in Fallout they were going for the retro-futuristic Atomic Age look for all their technology, but in MYZ some of the weapons, robots, and machinery look outright alien. More..."IDM", if you will.

Ion Fury (formerly Ion Maiden) is out of early access tomorrow, after a year and a half. A brand new game made on the original Duke Nukem 3D (Build) engine. Can't wait.

4 hours ago, Joyrex said:

although SNK gets my nod for best hardware (making it a mini arcade unit instead of just a mini NEO·GEO was a stroke of genius, although not perfectly executed).

that's funny because i skipped the neo-geo mini for the very reason that it was a mini arcade instead of a mini aes that would basically replicate the console non of us ever had (and most likely never will considering the cost of the games). 

also- a mini arcade that i then i have to hook up to my tv? then to make it worse, you can't even use it as a standalone device so the whole idea of making it an arcade unit doesn't make sense. it would have made more sense if they made something like the arcade1up but with multiple games included

for me i like the idea of the mini looking like the original system because 1). it's like i have the original system that is 2). taking up less room and plays on a modern tv hence replicating the original idea and 3). saving me buying all the games

4 hours ago, ambergonk said:

Ion Fury (formerly Ion Maiden) is out of early access tomorrow, after a year and a half. A brand new game made on the original Duke Nukem 3D (Build) engine. Can't wait.

That's looks really cool. And it's coming to consoles :smile:

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

that's funny because i skipped the neo-geo mini for the very reason that it was a mini arcade instead of a mini aes that would basically replicate the console non of us ever had (and most likely never will considering the cost of the games). 

also- a mini arcade that i then i have to hook up to my tv? then to make it worse, you can't even use it as a standalone device so the whole idea of making it an arcade unit doesn't make sense. it would have made more sense if they made something like the arcade1up but with multiple games included

for me i like the idea of the mini looking like the original system because 1). it's like i have the original system that is 2). taking up less room and plays on a modern tv hence replicating the original idea and 3). saving me buying all the games

No, I get that - I think SNK wanted to do something different (and make sure there was no confusion between their mini and the awful NEO·GEO X Gold emulator thing that came out a few years prior).

The biggest thing for me is I cannot find for the life of me how to hack it to add OTHER NEO·GEO ROMs on it - JUST NG ROMs, no FBA or other emulators. I just want a few more than just 40 games... and yes, I've looked at tonnes of tutorials trying to find one that just adds more NG games and that's it.

30 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I think SNK wanted to do something different (and make sure there was no confusion between their mini and the awful NEO·GEO X Gold emulator thing that came out a few years prior).

but the neo-geo x was not a mini right? it was basically a plastic neo-geo aes shell where you lift up the lid and stick in a neo-geo pocket-dingoo right? as far as confusion: maybe go with something else? they have enough samurai showdown and different special edition colored versions anyway it starts to make the thing seem more like a decorative piece.

i'm not sure how popular this thing is but the classicmods subreddit doesn't even include neo-geo mini discussion which could have something to do with my answer to your hacking question-

this thing seems like you have to get into it's guts to mod it. hacking starts at 7m11s

p.s. another neo geo?

Edited by Nebraska

1 minute ago, Nebraska said:

but the neo-geo x was not a mini right? it was basically a plastic neo-geo aes shell where you lift up the lid and stick in a neo-geo pocket-dingoo right? as far as confusion: maybe go with something else? they have enough samurai showdown and different special edition colored versions anyway it starts to make the thing seem more like a decorative piece.

i'm not sure how popular this thing is but the classicmods subreddit doesn't even include neo-geo mini discussion which could have something to do with my answer to your hacking question-

this thing seems like you have to get into it's guts to mod it. hacking starts at 7m11s

Yeah, I've seen this video - it installs other emulators, etc. Thanks nonetheless!

RE: NG:X - it was a piss-poor attempt to make a dockable/portable NEO·GEO AES by running a buggy Android emulator on substandard hardware. I will give them props for their recreation of the AES joystick - I have one and it works great with a Raspberry PI or other PC emulation software...

24 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

RE: NG:X - it was a piss-poor attempt to make a dockable/portable NEO·GEO AES by running a buggy Android emulator on substandard hardware. 

can't wait for the atari VCS to drop with the sandbox mode. maybe then you can run a better neo-geo aes on that ?

Edited by Nebraska