IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

One hope for Exai: some fooling around with time-signatures. Not necessarily Venetian Snares' default 7/4, but something. What have they done that's not four-to-the-floor besides the obvious '777'? VS on t'other hand, I've just acquired his Horsey Noises – released between æ's Quaristeps – and there he's playing in 5/4 (or 10/4, whatever you fancy) and uses vocals. Sexy lyrics too.

[youtubehd]mIdWaFQ5ciY[/youtubehd]

lol

One hope for Exai: some fooling around with time-signatures. Not necessarily Venetian Snares' default 7/4, but something. What have they done that's not four-to-the-floor besides the obvious '777'? VS on t'other hand, I've just acquired his Horsey Noises – released between æ's Quaristeps – and there he's playing in 5/4 (or 10/4, whatever you fancy) and uses vocals. Sexy lyrics too.

[youtubehd]mIdWaFQ5ciY[/youtubehd]

lol

Nice! But if it hasn't been released in the past year, it doesn't fall in the lately category.

LOL

I actually hope it doesn't leak. it will be like the pre (broadband) internet days when the first time you actually hear an album is when you get home and put it on after actually using your feet and legs to go to an actual shop and actually buying it with actual cash money. then you sit down and look at the actual artwork on the cd/vinyl whilst it's playing and your listening to it, like, actually, and stuff...

So, if anyone in the possible leak business reads this (why not?), please wait 16 pages. I've put some emotional money on this thread reaching 100 pages before exai leaks. And to be honest, I'm afraid I'm on the losing side here.

I think we could pad out the pages with lengthy discussions about how flat and repetitive Venetian Snares can sound.

fix'd.

VS? Has he released anything remotely interesting lately?

(LOL)

Yeah, the March 2012 released Fool The Detector ep is incredible. Index Pavilion is probably the third best track on there but has basically ruined all electronic music for me. I can't take anyone who listens to electronic music and doesn't like venetian snares seriously.

And obviously My Half is the the most heartbreaking, honest and brutal composition ever created. It's embarrassing this how to be pointed out on watmm from time to time.

Guest disoriental express

people are different from one another. for instance i live in a hot air balloon and my favorite food is an hamburgers.

Edited by disoriental express

I actually hope it doesn't leak. it will be like the pre (broadband) internet days when the first time you actually hear an album is when you get home and put it on after actually using your feet and legs to go to an actual shop and actually buying it with actual cash money. then you sit down and look at the actual artwork on the cd/vinyl whilst it's playing and your listening to it, like, actually, and stuff...

I still get great enjoying from walking into a independent record store, purchase physical music media and going home to play it. Chatting to the guys in the store and listening to vinyl in a shop is something quite awesome. The shop in Oxford now also has a coffee bar that sells cakes too.... you don't even need to leave for sustenance!

I can't take anyone who listens to electronic music and doesn't like venetian snares seriously.

Early shoe-in for the dumbest post of the year 2013 award.

Guest Balance

I love a bit of Venetian, some of it is horrible though, but winter, downfall, cavalcade and chrome are imo fantastic, he's in my top 3 faves.

I still get great enjoying from walking into a independent record store, purchase physical music media and going home to play it. Chatting to the guys in the store and listening to vinyl in a shop is something quite awesome. The shop in Oxford now also has a coffee bar that sells cakes too.... you don't even need to leave for sustenance!

nice one. sounds like a good place to go. if only they were allowed to sell weed and hash there too, you would never need to leave. 'cept for to take a piss/dump.

I am, like, sooo over all this 'virtual' shit :)

Edited by sirch

in the English Oxford dictionary the word "excited" should now be changed to 'exaited', and the online sound snippet that lets you hear how to pronounce it should be said by Arnold Schwarzenegger. ex-iiaaaaiiiiiieeeegghh-ted.

weren't there 2 people in this thread who supposedly had access to the promos, one of whom stated he was going 'to listen to this tonight' like 2 days ago? what happened to them?

weren't there 2 people in this thread who supposedly had access to the promos, one of whom stated he was going 'to listen to this tonight' like 2 days ago? what happened to them?

lol true, I hope they are in a state of shock (in a good way)

sean: oi rob

rob: yea?

sean: say, those two guys with the promos where we found out they post on watmm?

rob: yea?

sean: what can we do with their dead bodies for samples?

rob: fill them up with cutlery and throw them down the stairs? then reverse that and add reverb?

sean: lush

Edited by triachus