IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

how did you find this coax? im curious.

also: won't take much longer for warp/bleep to release the album i think.

Well, being a nerd and fanboy, I have been checking this page for a while:

http://www.mixcloud.com/artist/autechre/?order=latest

(none of the other ones have any exai tracks that I saw by the way;D)

Guest RandySicko

For comparisons sake, I would say it's a combo of oversteps, lp5 and confield but still keeping immensly fresh. Album is going to be killer

actually... its not really fair to narrow down to 3 releases. Seems like it might be in a class of its own

Edited by RandySicko

Guest disoriental express

I truly hear resemblances to Leterel and reniform puls in there.... the wet-cyber-electro-zaps of Leterel and the plinkings of reniform puls...

Edited by disoriental express

Who else wishes that melody from 28:00 > was part of the track?!?

I could be wrong, barring actual album quality, but both this and spl9 seem very much in the Quaristice vibe, but with better dynamics, use of reverb, etc. it's like they are using their tour gear for this album (faster to generate content hence the 2xCD?), but used computers for Oversteps.

Not sure what to think about that.

I don't really care for Quaristice, but I'm hearing it moves beyond it, so I'm still hopeful.

Guest pixelives

Goddamn it Bleep email with nothing about Exai

that's because we're the marketing department for warp.

or pixelives is.

one or the other

I wish.... Where's my check?

Guest pixelives

new exai track tuinorizn on this podcast apparently: hope its ok to post?

http://www.mixcloud.com/se6astianhinz/phonometrics-byte-fm-mixtape-15/

new exai track tuinorizn on this podcast apparently: hope its ok to post?

http://www.mixcloud.com/se6astianhinz/phonometrics-byte-fm-mixtape-15/

Great find, thanks for sharing. Sounds fucking amazing!

That's Tuinorzin

Who else wishes that melody from 28:00 > was part of the track?!?

I could be wrong, barring actual album quality, but both this and spl9 seem very much in the Quaristice vibe, but with better dynamics, use of reverb, etc. it's like they are using their tour gear for this album (faster to generate content hence the 2xCD?), but used computers for Oversteps.

Not sure what to think about that.

I don't really care for Quaristice, but I'm hearing it moves beyond it, so I'm still hopeful.

tuinorizn should be 3:40 long, so that melody might be part of the track.. dunno..

So that melody is NOT part of the track.

IS there melodies on Exai as defined as what we hear at 28min? I understand that's part of the next track, but it has me wondering now. I'm curious because a few people have drawn comparisons to LP5, but I don't hear it here or in spl9. Both these tracks sound more noodley (Quaristice) and less composed (Untilted/Oversteps), which I think has something to do with the gear they are using.

Guest pixelives

As I think I said before. Somewhere way back. I'm hearing what I think to be a lot of modular/eurorack stuff happening. So you get this random jammy thing going but perhaps edited into sections or set up where things can change. But it has a very different feel than the max/msp stuff from the past, more dynamic, warmer, less harsh and flat but keeping the crazy bleepbloop.

I've still not listened to spl9, and I don't wanna hear this either. I want to hear the whole album fresh!

It annoys me if I know 1 or 2 tracks off an album before the rest of it is available, kinda spoils the flow of a first listen, especially when "album acts" like autechre are concerned.