IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

CD arrived...yay! But was the album only mixed for headphones or something?? Or is the CD mastered a certain way? A lot of it (though not every track) sounds really weird and weak in my car in comparison to all other music (and other autechre.) And I can't crank it; it sounds off and a little painful on the ears when I do. A bunch of tracks (1 1 is for example) are totally bass-shy when it comes to the lower lows. I'll take mono-ey Autechre that I can crank in the car over headphone bliss any day... :-/

Vinyl turned up Friday morning, still no CD, I ordered them together as well. It's going to pain me to unwrap it later today, if I do I suppose I should finally do the same with the Ufabulum vinyl as well. Got the shipping notification for the Japanese CD Saturday morning.

CD arrived...yay! But was the album only mixed for headphones or something?? Or is the CD mastered a certain way? A lot of it (though not every track) sounds really weird and weak in my car in comparison to all other music (and other autechre.) And I can't crank it; it sounds off and a little painful on the ears when I do. A bunch of tracks (1 1 is for example) are totally bass-shy when it comes to the lower lows. I'll take mono-ey Autechre that I can crank in the car over headphone bliss any day... :-/

works great on my speaker system.

I think your most logical takeaway would be: autechre didn't mix exai for car audio

is elusive around? I need to know how I should position my reflector plates for Exai. If you read this elusive do you have the plates at a 45 degree angle from center position and if not what is your setup then. I know i'm close but I was just listening to spl9 and I could tell there was a small delay

Got the CD yesterday. Still not feeling the cover as much as the other ones. I like the text and colors, it's just the pixel thing I think...

Also, after listening a lot to the album, I don't think it's up there with their other releases. It's like one of their weakest releases to me, but I still love many parts of it so that doesn't say much.

Got the CD yesterday. Still not feeling the cover as much as the other ones. I like the text and colors, it's just the pixel thing I think...

Also, after listening a lot to the album, I don't think it's up there with their other releases. It's like one of their weakest releases to me, but I still love many parts of it so that doesn't say much.

This is how I feel now. Maybe it'll suddenly become great to me like Oversteps did. But it's very different to Oversteps - very 'jammy''. And Quaristice never did grow on me that much. But Spl9 is amazing, along with tracks 1-3 and vekos (and other 'moments'), so who cares. Edited by Lianne

Ladies and Gentlemen,

cloudline is fantastic. It's soo funky. It has the funkiness of rew(1); but also some kind of Lentic noises. It's fantastic hand crafted expertism art greatness beauty ....

this weekend i was tripping serious balls on this album. I had some friends visit and we did a massive amount of weed and alcohol, then i played the whole thing LOUD and i like totally got it lol

fantastic album!

Guest jasondonervan

Vinyl stuck up at the depot... boo-urns. Picking it up tomorrow. Japanese edition (CD) here by the end of the week.

vekoS is my current favorite. What an insane track!

Same here! That's my absolute favorite. I can't make out what the creepy whispering in the background is saying though lol

My non-stickered vinyl package should come from amazon tomorrow; still waiting on the CD from bleep. Haven't listened much lately out of some illogical desire to save it for the LP (and I've been basking in Ae's generosity re: webcasting).

Edited by baph

Yeah, I haven't listened much either recently. Considering how burned out I was on Oversteps by the time the vinyl finally arrived due to playing it twice a day for a month, I thought I'd at least save some excitement this time.

I feel a sort of rock vibes in 2 tracks, recks on (the bonham-ish snare ! ) and spl9.

spl9 is like Ae doing some dark thrash metal or something. I love the power of this track, and how i get lost in it. Fucking Monster !

i wish a was a T-Rex.

I feel a sort of rock vibes in 2 tracks, recks on (the bonham-ish snare ! ) and spl9.

spl9 is like Ae doing some dark thrash metal or something. I love the power of this track, and how i get lost in it. Fucking Monster !

i can see that a bit, especially spl9