IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Guest Rulohead32

To me runrepik it's a 6/8 midtempo or a 3/4 very uptempo.

Edited by Rulohead32

Guest Rulohead32

The "beep" with a bit of reverb at every 2 and 4 times of every bar? I don't think it's the exact cloudline sound, but it reminds. Although that sound is very used.

The "beep" with a bit of reverb at every 2 and 4 times of every bar? I don't think it's the exact cloudline sound, but it reminds. Although that sound is very used.

No

This one at the intro?

Yes!

Guest Rulohead32

I know now! But in cloudline is a bit more high pitched right?

And I confused cloudline with bladelores, sorry.

Edited by Rulohead32

runrepik is totally ae footwork. All it needs is for the kicks to be a bit longer and a half time clap, haha

lol, totally. and a few Machinedrum-style clanks from the Draft era -- perfect!

I know now! But in cloudline is a bit more high pitched right?

And I confused cloudline with bladelores, sorry.

They mess with it and change the pitch a lot. But at one point it sounds exactly as it does in the gravediggaz track. What confirms it for me is how the sound sort of swells after a couple seconds, it's unmistakeable. I know cloudline, unlike a lot of people here I think it's a genius track!

Listened to the first CD during a hideous traffic jam this afternoon and it really pissed me off. Maybe it was the traffic more than anything, but it left me feeling frustrated and underwhelmed. Had not listened to it in at least 3 weeks, will give the second disc a spin tonight for fairness.

This one at the intro?

The awesome 80s! This piece of awesomeness almost deserves a thread on its own. Almost, cuz I aint gonna start won.

Ever since I first listened to this, I've thought it'd be amazing to listen to this while riding a motorcycle (japanese slick speed bike types) in a cool city or something. Especially FLeure, irlite, bladelores, nodezsh, runrepik, and cloudline. I think other things too when listening to Exai but this is most prominent.

Cloudline is still the best of the bunch still for me, its holding up nicely, i think mainly because eidetic casein was my favourite on Confield and this is the only thing I've heard from Ae since which vaguely resembles that sound. Deconstruction and rebuild of beat, the way the beat is layered against everything else is going on around it. At times it's like the beat feels tempo is its worst enemy and they're facing off against eachother. It's just a nice mix, and brilliant track progression throughout. Flawless.

Yeah Cloudline has possibly the funkiest bassline I've heard from them in a long time.

This album is finally opening up for me. There are a lot of 'hidden' melodies and chords that I'm only just starting to notice.

Guest theSun

i tried again to listen to cloudline on a decent system at moderate volume. the synths in the opening are without a doubt the most annoying thing i've ever heard from ae. i just hate it so much.

however

the entire rest of the track is high quality. the first 2 minutes are unbearable

I normally have aural fatgiue by the time I reach that point in the album so it's the first time I've heard the track with fresh ears. Fuck me there's a lot going on in that track huh - The programming is as dense as anything !

Guest theSun

yeah it would be hard to not have fatigue after spl9. cloudline goes really nicely into deco loc tho.

this album is the soundtrack to gangsta aliens riding around in hovering convertibles picking up their cyber bitches

that's crazy. that's what my older brother said the first time he heard it

Guest theSun

I manage a whole listen through :shrug: have done every time.

this is easy if in the background but if i'm really focusing on the music, 1 1 is thru spl9 is pretty intense and draining, obviously the last half of spl9

I've been mostly listening at work while performing repetitive mac operator tasks. It also means that the listening is a little fragmented though since people talk to me throughout the day.. but it's not fatiguing that way!