IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

wow some tracks sound awesome already !..

it definitely sounds more accessible than the previous stuff, which is in my opinion not a bad thing

it definitely sounds more accessible than the previous stuff, which is in my opinion not a bad thing

Cannot relate to that...i find everything pre-EP7 more accessible compared to this album...even Oversteps is easier to listen to

Cannot relate to that...i find everything pre-EP7 more accessible compared to this album...even Oversteps is easier to listen to

I agree. I think Oversteps was much more accessible or whatever. I think it has something to do with this mostly being a shit ton hardware and how they are layering stuff. This is some complex stuff here — a lot going on both in sound design and how its made. Its like software events with hardware devices and better post editing.

Disc two definitely seems more refined.

Edited by gl0tch

I'm having the same problem with T ess as well, and my 24 bit Wav file was only 1.78 GB

Anyone flagged this to Warp yet, probably gonna bung them an email when I get back home.

I'm having the same problem with T ess as well, and my 24 bit Wav file was only 1.78 GB

Anyone flagged this to Warp yet, probably gonna bung them an email when I get back home.

I'm gonna try to download again when things slow down a bit.

the accessibility people are perceiving is just an illusion...

I know I can't access it... bloody crappy internet connection breaking my initial download now I can't get back on Bleep.com to download another copy *grumble grumble grumble* :cry:

same

Yep, I got it too.

Damnit Bleep! Now I have to wait through another of your downloads to get a different format without that error! :angry:

Edit: Oh yeah, and ps this is sooo :music::music::music::music:

Edited by fizzkinz

I dropped them a message, so they should be aware of it.

I doubt it's a problem with the download, the zip should ensure everything is CRC happy and error free. I'm thinking a wonky encoding.

I agree. I think Oversteps was much more accessible or whatever. I think it has something to do with this mostly being a shit ton hardware and how they are layering stuff. This is some complex stuff here — a lot going on both in sound design and how its made. Its like software events with hardware devices and better post editing.

Disc two definitely seems more refined.

Agreed. I found the mix in Oversteps very up front. This reminds me of the EP7 era with its thickly layered synthfuckery.. sometimes unashamedly unmelodic/just percussion and scrunched up synth, or the melodic content is buried deeply in the mix, obscured by dense layers, or in the attacks of the percussion (which I happen to like a lot). Of course I'm just finishing Disc 1 now.

(edit OK bladelores.. throw a good chunk of that out the window.)

Edited by TwiddleBot

OK! Bleep Download has worked. On first track. *spams erratically as if I were cyborg on meth*

*sinks into bathtub in a cave and sizzles*

Edited by Candiru