IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

I am pretty judgemental at heart, I've come to realize.

I know nothing about this guy, so of course it's rediculous making assumptions about him as a person.

... but that f*cking smug half-smile, and squinty eyes... :wink:

Edited by fizzkinz

Well I'm guessing it'll be more like the echo-ey, sparse 'london dubstep' of 7 years back. I can't see them doing wub wub basslines and skrillex style drops somehow...

come to think of it, the 2nd half of augmatic disport wasn't a million miles away from some of those records.

Edited by danshoebridge

I trust none of his opinions based entirely on his photo.

He would reference dubstep.

36c4bc785f9cbafb37af9547ef9f77dd.jpeg

i first thought those remnants of the letter B were part of his hiar

like his hiar was bulgy on top with one single thick dreadlock on the side

and it didn't surprise me at all

I trust none of his opinions based entirely on his photo.

He would reference dubstep.

36c4bc785f9cbafb37af9547ef9f77dd.jpeg

i first thought those remnants of the letter B were part of his hiar

like his hiar was bulgy on top with one single thick dreadlock on the side

and it didn't surprise me at all

Same here.

lol

just listened to the Oversteps tour recordings and there is quite a bit of wobbling going on in there, not dubstep sounding but i could see how an idiot would think dubstep when hearing a similar sound

There's a pretty upfront 2005 version of a midbass wobble near the end of the Glasgow set, too. It's not dubstep but nearly every current brostep kiddie would identify it as such, I reckon.

edit: is it actually near the end? Maybe not.

Edited by baph

sorry for letting you guys down. there was a problem with the download, so i only have the first cd. will give this a listen tonight and share my opinion tomorrow for sure.

you should post track by track first impressions realtime as you're listening to it.

guys! some info on the new album, by an RA staff writer (https://twitter.com/andrewryce):

The Autechre album is incredibly dense... sometimes fussy, sometimes gorgeous. If Oversteps was a step towards clarity, this is a step back.

+

That's not a bad thing at all. It reminds me of Quaristice but with the songs fully fleshed out.. some tracks evoke old dubstep too.

the first part, yes

the second part, no, not at all (though there is a lot of reverb and low-end, but dubstep?! the f'ck)

i think, watmm will be very happy with exai

i'm not the biggest autechre connaisseur and fan, but i love their fast beats, weird rhythms and amazing textures and was let down by oversteps. the melodies on exai somehow remind me of oversteps, but they are way more in the background and there is a lot of prog-idm beats going on, as someone put it. there is even a 12 minute long beast. sorry i cant come up with a good comparison, i don't remember all the autechre lps perfectly. but i'm quite sure watmm will love this. and i only listened to the first cd, as my editior isnt able to get the second disc to me.

don't take my opinion too seriously, otherwise you risk being let down by your first listening experience :emotawesomepm9:

edit: it's amazing to see that while idm is slowly but steadily dying (or isn't it?) there are still some guys doing their thing like they did in the 90ies, not giving a sh't about hype or selling lps and their success proves them right.

Edited by tokn

guys! some info on the new album, by an RA staff writer (https://twitter.com/andrewryce):

The Autechre album is incredibly dense... sometimes fussy, sometimes gorgeous. If Oversteps was a step towards clarity, this is a step back.

+

That's not a bad thing at all. It reminds me of Quaristice but with the songs fully fleshed out.. some tracks evoke old dubstep too.

the first part, yes

the second part, no, not at all (though there is a lot of reverb and low-end, but dubstep?! the f'ck)

i think, watmm will be very happy with exai

i'm not the biggest autechre connaisseur and fan, but i love their fast beats, weird rhythms and amazing textures and was let down by oversteps. the melodies on exai somehow remind me of oversteps, but they are way more in the background and there is a lot of prog-idm beats going on, as someone put it. there is even a 12 minute long beast. sorry i cant come up with a good comparison, i don't remember all the autechre lps perfectly. but i'm quite sure watmm will love this. and i only listened to the first cd, as my editior isnt able to get the second disc to me.

don't take my opinion too seriously, otherwise you risk being let down by your first listening experience :emotawesomepm9:

edit: it's amazing to see that while idm is slowly but steadily dying (or isn't it?) there are still some guys doing their thing like they did in the 90ies, not giving a sh't about hype or selling lps and their success proves them right.

thanks. sounds promising