Django Unchained 9/10 - awesome/fun.

Lincoln 7/10 - only watched it because of Daniel Day-Lewis, and it was pretty good.

Bloody Sunday 8/10 - Don't know how historical accurate it is, but I really enjoyed it.

Jagten (The Hunt) 8/10 - almost as good as Festen.

Edited by Ceerial

thanks dudes, i'm sorry if i sound like an asshole...

but damn, these so called photographers are way more assholes than me... how can someone claim that he/she is a photographer and think both functions are the same i don't even....

yeh that's crazy they'd even claim that damn!

you can test this easy with anything that has an optical lens: go close to an object and zoom all the way out making sure the object is in frame, go further away and zoom all the way in with object as well in frame. and that's essentially what the vertigo effect is, most noticeable when close to the object the perspective distorts.

lumpen: same terms are used in photo/video :)

also worth noting is that because of the difference in distances you're eyes are moved from the screen the fov on pc games is larger than for console games..

thanks dudes, i'm sorry if i sound like an asshole...

but damn, these so called photographers are way more assholes than me... how can someone claim that he/she is a photographer and think both functions are the same i don't even....

yeh that's crazy they'd even claim that damn!

you can test this easy with anything that has an optical lens: go close to an object and zoom all the way out making sure the object is in frame, go further away and zoom all the way in with object as well in frame. and that's essentially what the vertigo effect is, most noticeable when close to the object the perspective distorts.

lumpen: same terms are used in photo/video :)

also worth noting is that because of the difference in distances you're eyes are moved from the screen the fov on pc games is larger than for console games..

:ok:

Anyone seen The Master? Worth a watch?

i'm not sure how i feel about it. it's very intense and performance driven but it lost me about half way through the movie and never recovered. i can maybe recommend watching it just to see joaquin phoenix humping a naked woman made of sand and philip seymour hoffman getting jerked off by amy adams while she gives him a pep talk in the mirror.

i'm not sure how i feel about it. it's very intense and performance driven but it lost me about half way through the movie and never recovered. i can maybe recommend watching it just to see joaquin phoenix humping a naked woman made of sand and philip seymour hoffman getting jerked off by amy adams while she gives him a pep talk in the mirror.

dude, spoilers!!!

dude, spoilers!!!

/

Joaquin's shining moment mentioned here is in the first two minutes so I wouldn't worry about spoilers, was he wanking off into the sea too? I also realised in the first two minutes that I was probably too spaced out to give this the attention it deserves but it'll be saved for another day soon.

Slaughter High 7/10 - I watched this when i was 1 and loved it's camp decadence and boorish philosophy on jock culture. Still do.

The Anus Of Life 4/10 - Documentary about a guy who was half man half sloth but he contained 78% optimism

Uh Huh Huh 4/10 - True story about Elvis' Last Meal On Death Row. Totally unconvincing shite

Guest RadarJammer

wreck it ralph was fun but my god I wish big budget animated films would hire voice actors that sound right for the part rather than well known actors. some of the filthy shit Sarah Silverman says in my twitter feed made it hard to think of her character as the silly cute thing it was supposed to be.

wreck it ralph was fun but my god I wish big budget animated films would hire voice actors that sound right for the part rather than well known actors. some of the filthy shit Sarah Silverman says in my twitter feed made it hard to think of her character as the silly cute thing it was supposed to be.

DrSteveBrule.jpg

the hunter - nice aussie film set in tasmania... storyline is pretty fresh and different, tensely paced... willem dafoe is cool and brooding as usual... whole cast and performances are excellent throughout with stand outs from the kids. nice surprise this. recommended.

edit - some iffy cgi of the tiger at the end but it didn't matter.

Edited by keltoi

Wreck-It Ralph

This was really fun. The movie started out great with a lot of fun references, but it kind of loses steam when everything is about sugar rush. It still maintains funny throughout. I agree with RadarJammer, Sarah Silverman was an odd choice for the cutesy whatever it was. Jack Mcbrayer, however, was a brilliant pick.

Twilight - Breaking Dawn part 2

Holy jesus fuck is this movie retarded. The first half is a mess of lazy writing manifested as a slow, agonizing Real World drama between skinny airhead vampires. Not only does the werewolf beta male spend more time with the baby than its vapid parents do; the devilspawn itself is some CGI concoction to look hollywood beautiful but the result looks grotesque. No wonder the "evil" vampires want it killed.

Then when stuff actually starts happening and they start tearing peoples heads off

the whole action sequence turns out to never have fucking happened, it was a premonition by some psychic vampire in order to prevent it from happening :wtf:

Other than that, it's nothing but hardcore fetischization around Bella finally being turned into a vampire; neverending sex, psychic powers and a state of perpetual mindfulness. She shows her true colors as a vicious bitch when she digs into the jugular of a defenseless mountain lion. The movie violently ravages the suspension of disbelief when these size zero bitches are portrayed to be stronger than the hulk.

I give this film 10/10 because it is the final part and thus concludes this unholy mess.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Perks of being a wallflower
odd mix of high school and molestation.

i didnt go to highschool in the US in the 90's so I didnt connect too much with the kids. As usual in this type of movie the "freaks" were way too cool. why do they never just have some fucking proper nerds nerding out, i guess that wouldn't work. the part when they hear 'come on eileen' and say "omg they playing good music" confused the hell out of me. no-one ever liked that song. unless it was at a family wedding at 2am. otherwise it was alright.

i didnt go to highschool in the US in the 90's so I didnt connect too much with the kids. As usual in this type of movie the "freaks" were way too cool. why do they never just have some fucking proper nerds nerding out, i guess that wouldn't work. the part when they hear 'come on eileen' and say "omg they playing good music" confused the hell out of me. no-one ever liked that song. unless it was at a family wedding at 2am. otherwise it was alright.

read the book a while back. terrible. all i remember is the character crying and listening to the smiths and getting music recommendations from his english teacher. it was like less than zero but with emotional teenagers instead of hot surf zombie drug addicts. and the reason they like come on eileen is because it's the juvenile fantasy of a forty something projected onto a past he never lived. like 500 days of summer, where the characters are too young to remember or care about anything they're referencing.

Edited by zaphod

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

oh was it set in the 90s? maybe they were just glad it wasn't mc hammer or something

fair point. there was a great moment when they have no idea who david bowie is

read the book a while back. terrible. all i remember is the character crying and listening to the smiths and getting music recommendations from his english teacher. it was like less than zero but with emotional teenagers instead of hot surf zombie drug addicts. and the reason they like come on eileen is because it's the juvenile fantasy of a forty something projected onto a past he never lived. like 500 days of summer, where the characters are too young to remember or care about anything they're referencing.

i did wonder if it was autobiographical but couldnt find any evidence it was. personally i hated less than zero (the book) too