Guest Mirezzi

Yeah, the jaw is quite weird. I think she's...striking? If I wanted to fuck a man, she'd be at the top of my list.

Also, that photo posted by Squee has less to do with Gainsbourg and more to do with light, geometry, diffusion, and grain.

So hopefully your ADD isn't flaring up TMJ and you can handle the fact that I find your reviews uninformative, useless, and annoying. I am sure you feel the same way about mine. So let's stop all of this bickering and never talk to one another again.

i get that, i just don't understand how do you think that your constant pointing at that is in any way more constructive than my ADD rambling...

let's stick to this last example where i cry about PTA's cinematography, you could always have called me a bitch and cocksuck all the aspects you love about PTA's cinematography, explaining me your point of view, elucidating me about things that i might be loosing for being such critic on an apparently small matter... but you didn't, you stick to general complaining about how much of a twat i am, without even taking any credibility in the stuff i write (yeah yeah you don't even need to, i do all the job by myself... :emotawesomepm9: ), that's also useless dude, and i know you can see that... you don't dignify me with a constructive discussion and i find that extremely offensive!

i hope we can score some of that meth soon...

btw, how's your cock? xoxo

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

yeah that one ^

also- the BRD trilogy obviously but particularly Maria Braun and Lola. Lola is really great and has a great performance from Mario Adorf. Class actor.

Merchant of four seasons is good and really weird.

I think my favorite of them all is Chinese Roulette - fucking masterclass in moving cameras to build tension in what is essentially a stage play. so great.

World on a wire - One of the most interesting films i've ever seen in my life, definitely made it into my favorite films list. 10/10

yeah- one of my favorite sci-fi films. it was remade as the thirteenth floor

CfI3OtH.jpg

another classic piece of filmmaking. has this great part where the camera pans mid-scene to reveal brinke stevens cracking her whip for no apparent reason. yummy

Edited by Nebraska

I'm stoned and I'm watching the tv program.

First was "Waiting to Exhale", I loved it!

Now it's "American Gun", totally into it!

They have IMDB ratings 5.1 and 6.2, oddly.

pRi1Iog.jpg

an eye candy hall of fame classic that boasts the 3 members of the all century team: the ever-so-lovely brinke stevens, the majestic beauty of michelle bauer, and the sultry linnea quigley. this film set the standards of how b-movies are rated.

lawless - this was alright but i preferred cave's somewhat similar 'the proposition'... pearce and hardy steal the show, often unintentionally (i think?) comical. story is slow and padded out with romantic filler but worth a watch. 6/10.

Edited by keltoi

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

moonrise kingdom

Was a failure for me. I liked the kids but nothing else and there was too much other stuff. wasn't as funny as it needed to be or as interesting. Just didnt do it for me and I was expecting more based on everyone's love for it. and i was a scout growing up

Side Effects

went in knowing it was soderbergh and hearing a few good reviews. Left feeling it was pretty good but not great. BIG spoilers so don't read if you're going to see

I know I shouldn't let expectations effect a film but I thought this was going to be a pharmaceutical company conspiracy type film.

Bringing down the industry or at least making it look bad but it turned out to be an evil woman story instead. a lesbian story no less which I couldn't help but feel I seen before. and the industries (psychology and pharmaceutical) got off completely by the end.

I liked the twist when Jude Law worked out what was going on but it felt really quick. If this is a mystery why is it not put together piece by piece instead of boom oh now i get it. so not much mystery.

would I recommend? I probably would but not highly. Well made, well acted but flawed in story.

Edited by Jimmy McMessageboard

Guest Mirezzi

moonrise kingdom

Was a failure for me. I liked the kids but nothing else and there was too much other stuff. wasn't as funny as it needed to be or as interesting. Just didnt do it for me and I was expecting more based on everyone's love for it. and i was a scout growing up

In fairness, most the people who liked Moonrise Kingdom are douche bags or pedophiles or both.

searching for sugar man

i must be incredibly cynical, black hearted and soulless. found this extremely manipulative, poorly put together and formulaic. parts of it seemed fabricated, others lacked any research and overall it seemed like they were trying really hard to create a mystery, a "lost genius" for an audience looking for a new itunes download. didn't help that the music was generic. i can see why his career didn't take off given that he was competing with bob dylan in a time when politically charged singer songwriters were a dime a dozen. there's a spacey weird vibe to his interviews that indicates maybe there's more to the story than this thing lets on, but of course it doesn't get explored. really sick of documentaries in general, they all follow the same formula and seem as fictional as any other films. as far as stories about "lost" musical artists go, this was a lot worse than anvil, which had an authenticity and humor to it that couldn't be faked.

lol, just watched it last night. The friend I was with - who happens to be a drummer, while I have no musical aptitude whatsoever - had even less patience for it than I did. First thing out of his mouth after the opening tracks - "well, I can see why he never became famous."

Overall I liked it but it had some distracting holes in the story - what about the guy who shot himself or the guy who set himself on fire? Were those just red herrings blown out of proportion by the filmmakers, or did some guys truly die that way? If so, who were they? Did the Sugarman know them? And where did the money go?

Too bad the guy was a bit of a cypher. He sounded a bit like Michael Jackson, shy and not very talkative.

I bet he was a real prick too, given his lyrics and the fact that the mother of his daughters doesn't make an appearance in the film.

Overall interesting film but felt very thin. I too preferred Anvil.