IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Artwork

Joyrex

3 hours ago, Brian Dance said:

Cheers. Yep, Blender's been my hobby in lockdown. Mad and great that it's totally free.

Yes, it's a fun program. Have tapped into it myself at some point but didn't pick it up again. Been talking to design graduates who ditched expensive 3D modelling software for Blender because it's better

20 hours ago, dingformung said:

Yes, it's a fun program. Have tapped into it myself at some point but didn't pick it up again. Been talking to design graduates who ditched expensive 3D modelling software for Blender because it's better

I'm totally new to 3d as of 2 months ago so haven't played with anything else though all the best renders I see online are done with C4D or Houdini + a fancy render engine .That stuff will set you back thousands so I'm happy dicking about with free software on an old laptop for now.
Apparently Epic Games have recently given loads of money to the Blender Foundation which is bound to speed up development.

• Like 1

Getting to the finish line on this new color pencil and ink piece. This artwork has really reinvigorated my sense of purpose and inspired new ideas for the next one! Remaining uncolored for years, it's been freeing adding a fresh coat of pigment. ?✨
#Prismacolor #Micro #VisionaryArt #PsychedelicArt #Symmetry #Prism #Colorful #Chromatic #ColorPencil #InkPen #ChiagoArtist #Mysterium #MixedMedia

IMG_3532.JPG

• Like 3

On 7/9/2020 at 5:31 PM, Brian Dance said:

I'm totally new to 3d as of 2 months ago so haven't played with anything else though all the best renders I see online are done with C4D or Houdini + a fancy render engine .That stuff will set you back thousands so I'm happy dicking about with free software on an old laptop for now.
Apparently Epic Games have recently given loads of money to the Blender Foundation which is bound to speed up development.

I was in the same position as you recently. I have been playing around with Blender a little, still really a beginner but I have found it an excellent tool to start doing some 3d (even 2d animation) with.

If you have any experience using Unreal engine, they use key frames to animate objects which makes doing simple animations easy. This would definitely be a great place to start. Theres loads of helpful youtube videos

On 7/9/2020 at 4:31 AM, Brian Dance said:

Have you tried writing scripts with Python for Blender to create generative art? That's something I've been wanting to explore, but have been too lazy or busy with other stuff. I have about zero knowledge of both right now, but maybe something to study.

22 hours ago, scottwade said:

I was in the same position as you recently. I have been playing around with Blender a little, still really a beginner but I have found it an excellent tool to start doing some 3d (even 2d animation) with.

If you have any experience using Unreal engine, they use key frames to animate objects which makes doing simple animations easy. This would definitely be a great place to start. Theres loads of helpful youtube videos

I've downloaded Unreal but yet to explore it - just not enough hours in the day and enjoying getting acquainted with Blender rn.
Definitely interested in making some interactive and possibly VR stuff in Unreal though.

20 hours ago, viscosity said:

Have you tried writing scripts with Python for Blender to create generative art? That's something I've been wanting to explore, but have been too lazy or busy with other stuff. I have about zero knowledge of both right now, but maybe something to study.

I'm not so into making totally generative stuff tbh but there are some cool tools I've messed with for generating complex geometry that you can then play with. Check out the (free) add-ons Tissue and jsplacement if that's your thing.
My python skills are rudimentary at best but I'd like to modify the excellent Molecular add-on to make it pay attention to object rotation, honestly not like to happen in the near future though.

Couldn't help but notice that your name is viscosity, that's one of my favourite things to play with in Blender:

Spoiler

839817894_visc1.thumb.png.740f96631387f54684c6d23d30e1baa6.png

305394472_VISC2.thumb.png.2aa44dcfb4c53cc31af50ab3a8eca837.png

That's a cool effect. I'd like to maybe capture a video of some complex geometry that morphs around with interesting shaders like that. l check all these things out, thanks ?

• Like 1

Found this I did a long time ago:

20200718-212521.jpg20200718-213026.jpg

20200718-213149.jpg20200718-213914.jpg20200718-213436.jpg

Have dozens of them. Made hundreds of them but lost most/can't find/gave away. Haven't drawn in years. Shitty phone made them blurry but whatever. Inb4 delete bcs theres GENITALS

Edited by dingformung
  • Like 9

Just a shout out to anyone that would like to create something for me. I'm not all that artisitic/have the time to actually compose what I'd like to do but I see it as an art piece/painting I think.

It was following an amazing, what I feel to be mystical experience I had. It was really beautiful and I'd like to see if I could get it drawn by someone who has the skills. 

Give me a shout if interested! I think I'd also be prepared to pay for its creation too as long as it's not too much £££! 

Edited by Polytrix