IGNORED

MNLTH - TBA

t yst r

I like EOD, I always have. He is a creative guy, and when everyone was doing analords, I think he was able to really put his own spin on it, and stand out from the crowd. Plus, the past couple years of CN stuff is a lot more relevant than the stuff Dave does IMO.

That's funny, cause i find EOD's music completely generic and very unoriginal. I don't think it's bad, neither great, just above average. I don't get why he was signed to Rephlex (sorry if you read this EOD, but that's what i honestly think).

On the other hand, i really like Monolith, and i think his music is really good and fresh, despite not being the most original artist of the Rephlex roster. I totally get the feeling of redundance about his sound palette. But he can write some solid compositions : how can you be more braindance than the "Farewell Frenchman" track ?

On this specific subject, it's like you're my archnemesis :)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Sanderson was on a visit to Simpkins, and in due course, naturally, he was shown the family album.

"Yes,"
said Simpkins, as he turned the leaves, "that's my wife's second
cousin's aunt Susan. And that's Cousin James, and that's a friend of
ours, and that--oh, now, who do you think that is?"

"Don't know," said Sanderson.

"Well, that's my wife's first husband, my boy."

"Great
Scot! What a perfect brainless-looking idiot. But excuse me, old
fellow, I didn't know your wife was a widow when you married her."

"She wasn't," said Simpkins stiffly. "That, sir, is a portrait of myself at the age of twenty."

Joe T. Marshall, formerly of Kansas, recently became the father of an
eight-pound boy, and wished to cable the news to his family in America.

The censor refused to allow the message to go through.

"What's the matter?" Marshall asked indignantly.

"We aren't permitted to announce the arrival of Americans in France!"

no need to thank me

Guest catharsis

I understand the criticism about the Monolith sound palette, but it's not a new concept to many artists that are so highly regarded.

Burial comes to mind actually.

Just wanted to bump this to say check out Ultrademon's release with the MNLTH remix on it, there are some top notch tracks on there. Guy has been around a long time and knows his shit, big ups for Albert.

Just wanted to bump this to say check out Ultrademon's release with the MNLTH remix on it, there are some top notch tracks on there. Guy has been around a long time and knows his shit, big ups for Albert.

Hi Albert. Ancient he is at the ripe age of lower 20-somethings

:emotawesomepm9:

Hi Albert. Ancient he is at the ripe age of lower 20-somethings

:emotawesomepm9:

Not Albert, not Snares, not Aphex, damnit I'm Diao. And even then it should really be Daio, I just misspelled it the first time I typed it in, and now I feel I always have to spell it wrong.

Albert is just a close friend, and I wanted to give him some props on my oldest of internet stomping grounds, Joyrex.com/Watmm.com.

Now go enjoy some seapunk :happy:

Loving the clips from the ep. But only vinyl. Which basically means I'll be waiting for someone to make a good rip and pirate the hell out if it.

In proper context: I'd be more than happy to pay for a digital release.

• 1 year later...

not at all a monolith fan

:cerious:

sorry, it all comes across rather... generic acid idm fanfarish.

Not trying to be harsh that's just what I hear.

Maybe it needs more time to grow on me or something. Usually when an artist doesn't click for me I always come back to it in a year or two or whatever and it's different.

Archived