IGNORED

Atoms for Peace - Amok

sidewinder

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

From listening to live recordings, they were amazing last time. This time they'll have 2 albums of material to work through. They're turning into a *good* band /radioheadfan^^

Guest alessio

there is a hidden link to the track "What The Eyeballs Did" (b-side of Default) you can download for free with an artwork too.

in case you missed it

there is a hidden link to the track "What The Eyeballs Did" (b-side of Default) you can download for free with an artwork too.

in case you missed it

Neat-0!

link to track>>>>

http://smarturl.it/AMOK001

http://atomsforpeace.info/

the clock tower, a little before the end of the page on the right. (had to quickly check atease forums for that answer!) :)

Thanks! I'd heard the track before but it's nice having the file. This one won't be on the album so I have no problem playing it repeatedly.

Thanks! I'd heard the track before but it's nice having the file. This one won't be on the album so I have no problem playing it repeatedly.

my sentiments exactly

Regarding the original artwork, Stanley Donwood said:

Los Angeles is, of course, fucked. Everything is fucked, all of our cities, all of our towns, our villages, our farms, our entire way of living. and I don't mean fucked in a good way, oh no; I mean it in a very, very bad way. Our energy rich and culturally complacent society has doomed everything, and really, we all know this. Or at least, we should do. We have run out of everything, pissed it up against the wall, blown it, spent it, wasted it. We've run out of money, of oil, of gasoline, of water, of food, of any resources, of energy, of everything. We are reduced to trying to blast pathetic amounts of gas from solid rock and we don't care if we poison our water while we're doing it.

The apocalypse is already here, and the saddest thing is that we're trying to fool ourselves that it isn't happening. Our politicians are fucking idiots, our heroes are fools, our industries are dying, our farmland is trashed and our culture resembles nothing more than a self-devouring joke. Our architecture is hideous and our art revels in empty platitudes. There is no future; we have evicted ourselves from our own cities, rendered our agriculture poisonous, criminalised the poor, aggrandized the rich, honoured the stupid and ridiculed the intelligent. I don't pretend to stand outside this fucking mess. I'm just as guilty as anyone.

Los Angeles is, of course, fucked. Everything is fucked, all of our cities, all of our towns, our villages, our farms, our entire way of living. and I don't mean fucked in a good way, oh no; I mean it in a very, very bad way. Our energy rich and culturally complacent society has doomed everything, and really, we all know this. Or at least, we should do. We have run out of everything, pissed it up against the wall, blown it, spent it, wasted it. We've run out of money, of oil, of gasoline, of water, of food, of any resources, of energy, of everything. We are reduced to trying to blast pathetic amounts of gas from solid rock and we don't care if we poison our water while we're doing it.

The apocalypse is already here, and the saddest thing is that we're trying to fool ourselves that it isn't happening. Our politicians are fucking idiots, our heroes are fools, our industries are dying, our farmland is trashed and our culture resembles nothing more than a self-devouring joke. Our architecture is hideous and our art revels in empty platitudes. There is no future; we have evicted ourselves from our own cities, rendered our agriculture poisonous, criminalised the poor, aggrandized the rich, honoured the stupid and ridiculed the intelligent. I don't pretend to stand outside this fucking mess. I'm just as guilty as anyone.

irradiant

I couldn't care less for Thom Yorke's super-band, but this statement is wonderful. I couldn't agree more.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bitroast

New single fron album, JJ&E

"Hello all.

So in the midst of yet more weird weather and the beginning of another year it feels right to put out a song called ..... Judge Jury and Executioner from Amok. It's up on youtube here> - I hope you like it.

The flip side of the release is a tune called S.A.D.

Amok is out 25th of Feb."

yea it's at the bottom of my post. if its not working for you, let me know and I'll upload it for you. the kid a and myxomatosis are probably the best I've ever heard. pristine version of the old videotape. very early 15 step. it's probably the best radiohead show I've ever heard as a whole.

Guest bitroast

Oh jeez, thanks!! Will download it tonight.

I'm also fond of the 2012 bonnaroo and 2012 coachella recordings which were grabbed from the video live streams and listen a fair bit on my phone. If that was 'mastered' and released as a clean, shiny audio recording I would be pretty damn happy^^

Archived