IGNORED

Atoms for Peace - Amok

sidewinder

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

didn't notice it on headphones, but listening to it no speakers, i found myself just staring at the right speaker thinking "wtf is that".

the beats and 'percussion' noises are some of the worst parts of this album. everything else makes me pretty happy:)

Guest bitroast

like, 0:40 on ingenue.

will this sort of clipping/distorting appear on the actual album, or is it somehow just the leak that clips?

Guest bitroast

like, 0:40 on ingenue.

will this sort of clipping/distorting appear on the actual album, or is it somehow just the leak that clips?

ok. nevermind. listened to the stream on atoms for peace website and the distorting is still there.

the mastering on this album is fucked.

solo Thom is a fan of "click click clack" percussion for better or worse.

It's not a solo Thom effort.

In fact, I think Thom didn't have full control about how it should sound. I think Flea, Joey Waronker and Mauro Refosco were given an equal amount of creative freedom and input and it just accidentally happened to lead to something that sounds like solo Thom.

:emotawesomepm9:

Guest Rulohead32

solo Thom is a fan of "click click clack" percussion for better or worse.

It's not a solo Thom effort.

In fact, I think Thom didn't have full control about how it should sound. I think Flea, Joey Waronker and Mauro Refosco were given an equal amount of creative freedom and input and it just accidentally happened to lead to something that sounds like solo Thom.

:emotawesomepm9:

Remember Nigel Godrich is also at the keyboards/synths.

This could just as well have been a Radiohead album, I don't hear anything that sets it apart from Radiohead.

Yes, it seems like a more electronic King of Limbs, and a more introspective Hail to the Thief, mixed with The Eraser, of course.

The local shop here had many copies of the ltd edition, and only one left of the regular.

I bought the regular, the ltd. was too blingy, it takes up too much space, and it cost almost 50% more.

The local shop here had many copies of the ltd edition, and only one left of the regular.

I bought the regular, the ltd. was too blingy, it takes up too much space, and it cost almost 50% more.

Your local record shop is selling it already, nice. Yeah, I know what you mean but I'm a sucker for fancy packaging.

Regarding the original artwork, Stanley Donwood said:

Los Angeles is, of course, fucked. Everything is fucked, all of our cities, all of our towns, our villages, our farms, our entire way of living. and I don't mean fucked in a good way, oh no; I mean it in a very, very bad way. Our energy rich and culturally complacent society has doomed everything, and really, we all know this. Or at least, we should do. We have run out of everything, pissed it up against the wall, blown it, spent it, wasted it. We've run out of money, of oil, of gasoline, of water, of food, of any resources, of energy, of everything. We are reduced to trying to blast pathetic amounts of gas from solid rock and we don't care if we poison our water while we're doing it.

The apocalypse is already here, and the saddest thing is that we're trying to fool ourselves that it isn't happening. Our politicians are fucking idiots, our heroes are fools, our industries are dying, our farmland is trashed and our culture resembles nothing more than a self-devouring joke. Our architecture is hideous and our art revels in empty platitudes. There is no future; we have evicted ourselves from our own cities, rendered our agriculture poisonous, criminalised the poor, aggrandized the rich, honoured the stupid and ridiculed the intelligent. I don't pretend to stand outside this fucking mess. I'm just as guilty as anyone.

I couldn't care less for Thom Yorke's super-band, but this statement is wonderful. I couldn't agree more.

I couldn't agree less. What a complete fucking visionless know nothing. Just load the gun already. Complete ignorance. Was this written by a 15 year old? Black and white bullshit.

Archived