IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

3 minutes ago, whosebrian said:

Moving truck, layer 2/3 of stuff. I'm nearly finished unloading ?

ouch my back. whenever i've moved the first day was always beer and pizza ritual once unloaded. 

• Like 1

Most of the shops in Finland are still open, some are closed and some have limited hours. Anyway, I went to buy new sneakers and the shopping experience was quite nice because there were very few customers and the sales people left me alone to browse instead of trying to push some products. A+ experience.

Been thinking about live coding and after looking into some options decided it would be a fun project to see how far I could get with whipping up something of my own in a programming language that, unlike Haskell (TidalCycles), I already know and that, unlike Max/MSP, does not make me throw up.

So tonight after about an hour or two I built something in Racket that can send note data via MIDI.

This was the hard, getting wonky tooling to work part. From now on things will start to get interesting, I expect.

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

After a month and a half, I'm finally getting my routine back in order and feeling a lot healthier. My anxiety about all this shit is starting to be manageable, too.

I also won a Delorean in GTA V recently and the game is a ton more fun.

• Like 3

About to polish off a bottle of French red wine and have a peaceful nap. Nothing else to do when I wake up than uncork another bottle and crack open a few beers and listen to tunes.

I will be lurking on watmm later. Hopefully causing a little mischief.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, beer badger said:

About to polish off a bottle of French red wine and have a peaceful nap. Nothing else to do when I wake up than uncork another bottle and crack open a few beers and listen to tunes.

I will be lurking on watmm later. Hopefully causing a little mischief.

Hey man, you know that alcohol is bad for your liver mate

Got my personal high score in Scrabble, but it was a real time game and there's no record of it - 540.  Beat my previous record by 1 point.  I was very surprised because it was a timed game, and I felt pressure to rush my turns without carefully analyzing whether I was making the best play or not.  Only got 2 bingos so... not really sure how it ended up being my best highest scoring game.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

• 2 weeks later...

I use a Moka Pot for making coffee - two metal components which screw together, with the coffee grind segment wedged between them.  Makes a great cup of coffee every time, but without fail any time I pour the coffee, a few drops spilled out the middle where the components intersect.  Today, I poured my coffee and there was zero spillage!  It's a miracle! 

(It was like dropping a ball and having it fly upwards instead of falling to the floor - that one time gravity fucked up and did something delightful.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...