IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

I've listened to the whole thing four times now. I'm starting to remember little parts of the tracks now and they don't seem so abrupt/incomplete anymore. I'm hearing it now more like 70s German psychedelic electronic records where tracks could be satisfying even as little sketches/jams and don't really need any big crescendos or resolution. Just a thought!

'Sundown' is fucking magical.

Sundown ? really ? its the only track is dont like because its so booring zzzz

really into TELEPATH right now,prince of darkness springs to mind

schsch...tüüü....sch...teestiing oonee twooo three foour....schshh :diablo:

sorry,i meant the movie,not old nick himself! also sampled on dj shadows endtroducing

Edited by sunshine recorder

In true fanboy style, i ordered the vinyl and art card cd version off bleep, but also ordered the standard cd off Sainsbury's when i saw it was £7.99 including shipping. Anyway, just received an email off them to say it had been shipped

Telepath gives me chills, and is where the album really takes off for me. Sick Times seals the deal, and was the first track on the album to let me know I'm going to be in love, and Semena Mertvykh?? That track is after my fucking SOUL. Quite possibly my favorite track on the album.

I know Semena Mertvykh is the track from the teaser video. But it isn't completely the same? It seems like that teaser version was more minimal than the album track.

Guest isaki

I know Semena Mertvykh is the track from the teaser video. But it isn't completely the same? It seems like that teaser version was more minimal than the album track.

I think the static drowns out most of it

edit: these posts are going to annoy oscillik

Edited by isaki

Guest paulhunter

I believe that most of you know that, but.. (in case you don´t)
the name "Semena Mertvykh"
is transcript from russian´s cyrillic and it´s also similar to my mothertongue - "Semena Mrtvých" vhich means "Seeds of Dead".

Edited by paulhunter

I believe that most of you know that, but.. (in case you don´t)

the name "Semena Mertvykh" is transcript from russian´s cyrillic and it´s also similar to my mothertongue - "Semena Mrtvých" vhich means "Seeds of Dead".

even my grandmother knows that allready

I noticed Boomkat and other outlets are selling both a "artcard" version and a regular CD version - would they really have two versions? (I mean, of course they would, but who would choose the non-artcard version?)

I haven't purchased a CD in a LONG time. I'm gonna buy this though. Thanks for the heads up on the two versions... although I actually normally prefer a jewel case, the artcard version is clearly the way to go. Anyone know if it's limited?

I'm not sure the non-artcard version comes in a jewel case... I think digipak is for all formats, just the non-artcard version doesn't come packed with them. No way is any of the formats limited - I am sure WARP pressed up a healthy number of each - this is Boards after 8 years!

No, the teaser video had more of that static mixed in at the beginning.

Just listened to it all the way through for the first time ... mostly impressed. The mood is vaguely Geogaddi-ish, I feel like? Dark, certainly. Definitely a better album than Campfire Headphase, but I'm not sure if it quite reaches the heights of MHTRTC or IABPOITC. It definitely isn't boring and isn't a retread of their earlier sound, so I'm thankful for that at least.

I'm trying to remember now, how did I first feel about Geogaddi in 2002? As I recall that was a bit of a grower.

there are dozens of moments on this album where I think i hear a melody from one of their older tracks but then it's gone. i love that.

I listened to it last night 4 times over while doing freelance work until 1AM - perfect music to work to, and in the time I've had the album, my standout tracks are:

Gemini

Nothing Is Real

Cold Earth

There's more, but those actually make me lose focus and listen intently as they play... fantastic album. More than worth the 8+ year wait. I'd be curious to know how old the tracks are respectively, since while they all work together very well, some sound "newer" than others.

And that synth in Nothing Is Real... Boards created a new sound that I have fallen instantly in love with. Indescribable.