help me name my new band

modey

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, in honour of the OP.

Grass

Metz (lol)

Top tip that i just thought of this second, russia has a lot of mono-syllabic town and city names that would chime as 'cool sounding' to melbourne hipster peeps. Just google map that country and zoom around a lil. As an added bonus you could find the name of a particularly nasty gulag, one that perhaps housed some famous scientist or artist or philosopher who met their end there. Then you'd have a cool hidden backstory for your band name, that could be revealed in an interview or only known by the hardcore fans, and it would be fitting in both pronunciation and emotional articulation.

Alright, in honour of the OP.

Grass

Metz (lol)

Top tip that i just thought of this second, russia has a lot of mono-syllabic town and city names that would chime as 'cool sounding' to melbourne hipster peeps. Just google map that country and zoom around a lil. As an added bonus you could find the name of a particularly nasty gulag, one that perhaps housed some famous scientist or artist or philosopher who met their end there. Then you'd have a cool hidden backstory for your band name, that could be revealed in an interview or only known by the hardcore fans, and it would be fitting in both pronunciation and emotional articulation.

Good tip, cities like Perm

Hah, I don't care, personally. This is basically like a more loose version of the influx of bad artist names thread.. which I'd scour for ideas if we weren't such a serious band!

Archived