IGNORED

Burial - Rival Dealer

bubbhasdance

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cranked this on the way to work yesterday while driving past the airport through a snowstorm, fit the mood perfectly... I might say I like this one more than Truant/Rough Sleeper. Super lush synths, and just dripping with reverbs and atmosphere... Mr. Burial does it again

Cool track, brah. From now on, I too will make sure to post music I like in threads about music I don't. Seems like a reasonable compromise.

Good. It is always better than poop talking.

Sure is. Thread almost went full retard with that stuff.

Wait, I never said I don't like Burial, I'm so called "early-releases fan", UKG etc. :smile:

Guest oldenjon

Am I really the first person to post this?

From Pitchfork:

Burial usually stays silent about his work, but as FACT points out, he's shared a message about his excellent new EP Rival Dealer. On her BBC Radio 6 show, Mary Anne Hobbs read a message Burial shared with her via text. He said:

“I put my heart into the new EP, I hope someone likes it. I wanted the tunes to be anti-bullying tunes that could maybe help someone to believe in themselves, to not be afraid, and to not give up, and to know that someone out there cares and is looking out for them. So it's like an angel's spell to protect them against the unkind people, the dark times, and the self-doubts.”

Am I really the first person to post this?

No. Can't say that message has helped my appreciation for the EP by the way. :mellow:

http://www.factmag.com/2013/12/14/burial-opens-up-a-little-about-new-ep-rival-dealer/

On Mary Anne Hobbs‘ latest BBC 6 Music show, she shares a brief message from Burial about the producer’s new EP, Rival Dealer.

Released this week, Rival Dealer hasn’t only proved to be Burial’s most divisive release in years, it’s also one of his most conceptually interesting, with samples (most notably the EP’s closing speech by Lana Wachowski) referring to issues of sexuality, transformation and acceptance. In a text from Burial that Hobbs shares on the show, he explains that “I put my heart into the new EP, I hope someone likes it. I wanted the tunes to be anti-bullying tunes that could maybe help someone to believe in themselves, to not be afraid, and to not give up, and to know that someone out there cares and is looking out for them.”

Hobbs then adds, “it’s like an angel’s spell to protect them against the unkind people, the dark times, and the self-doubts.” You canlisten to Rival Dealer here, listen to Hobbs’ show here, and read our review of the record here.

If old Burial is to Drexciya

then Rival Dealer is to...

http://youtu.be/val0J-XuuXk

Always loved that tune... the spirit guide from Texas knows what's up :beer:

Hah, thanks, but as a "spirit guide from Texas" I got nothing Atop

Guest ZombieLincoln666

so this ep protects people from bullies by it's mere existence? or do you actually have to listen to it?

is this like when grant morrison puts spells in his comic books that help him get laid?

You have to make the bullies listen to it - they will fucking kill themselves.

found this while scrolling through Soundcloud

it's a whole set of them

real trap sh*t

I dislike Burial and trap .... and yet ... and yet - there's something going for it there. Sort of reminds me of the middle parts of Zilla's mixes when it all gets a little mental

Archived