IGNORED

Burial - Rival Dealer

bubbhasdance

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unless he comes out with a new LP at some point with some fresh styles, I'm going to think he has dried up creatively. he was never very diverse to begin with, just a niche sort of sound that had big appeal. and I'm talking here as a big Burlel fan. but honestly, if he can't move past the whole 2step/breaks/bass/gloomy London vibe thing, then :shrug: the strongest hint of a new direction I got was on Rough Sleeper, which is why I find that his best post-Untrue output.

Agreed. This is my best guess as to why he hasn't had any new material. Just a one-off track in the past couple years which basically proves this point.

And I'm a fan too. :shrug:

Rival Dealer sounded pretty far removed from his earlier material to me. Of course it had the trademark Burial rain samples but him getting rid of that would be like Boards of Canada getting rid of detuned synths, i.e. silly.

that's actually why i found temple sleeper to be pretty dull, I'm another rival dealer apologist as well. i can't help think he's on a long, long hiatus for awhile, I was hoping rival dealer would be a new tangent but i guess not

Why would anyone need to apologize for Rival dealer!? some of the greatest music ever made to me. & for me he has switched up his style just enough while keeping his tread mark elements..... fuck, think am just a Burial Fan boy :) but yeah love his stuff really could do with something new soon though.

• 4 months later...

Not sure how somebody could ditch their profitable creativity to sit at home in their underpants playing a computer game all day.

Something on the way I reckon, as soon as anyone on a electronic forum proclaims they are 'retiring' or 'become a hermit' or 'don't care about making music for fans but just for themselves' or 'don't care about making music for fans but just for their friends and family' or 'just wants to be left alone with their synths and to be cuddled by a mate in a big gay bear suit' etc etc etc.

I've heard it all before :wink:

Not sure how somebody could ditch their profitable creativity to sit at home in their underpants playing a computer game all day.

if they care about writing good, fresh tunes and find themselves struggling to do so...

sadly I think this is what is happening.

Was really thinking he was going to drop an ep at xmas again and was gutted when he didn't :( but yeah really hoping for something new this year or comp of old unreleased stuff would be nice as well

• 1 year later...

Archived