IGNORED

Burial - Rival Dealer

bubbhasdance

Honestly can't get over how corny this release is. It's like listening to The Power of Love on a dusty record needle.

Burial has always toed the line between emotion and cheese in the past, but he always stayed on the right side for me. Unfortunately I think he just crossed it.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, after having listened to the tracks at full length, I have to admit this definitely is Burial most cheesy record to date (especially Hiders).

But I still like it… very much.

Honestly can't get over how corny this release is. It's like listening to The Power of Love on a dusty record needle.

Burial has always toed the line between emotion and cheese in the past, but he always stayed on the right side for me. Unfortunately I think he just crossed it.

He crosses it regularly, depending on my mood. It's reaching new christmassy heights on Come Down To Us for sure, but I'm already warming up to Hiders now that I've heard it in its entirety. That one's sort of cheesy too but not in a bad way.

I also got a Christmas vibe from Come Down To Us, lol.

The usual melancholy of Burial records lacks on this one, but I still think it's a very enjoyable listen.

Rival Dealer is my favorite.

it's like somebody recorded a pop-house club twenty years ago, using a mic at the back of the club near the toilets, then put up a dub plate of that bootleg which then got played 10 times and got printed after that.

Guest jasondonervan

Ach, just flung an order over to Norman for this as Hyperderb don't do FLAC on their site.

Burial for Christmas number one! probably not though

ATB_ChristmasShirt_large.jpg

Archived