IGNORED

Burial - Rival Dealer

bubbhasdance

I also quite enjoyed that Listening to Burial tune! It might sound a little like a poor mans The Streets, but its about coming down listening to Burial.. Whats not to like!

I thought the tune was actually passable, but his vocals and shit...

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ron Manager

ahahaha holy shit. i agree, the song itself is relatively harmless, but his MCing, if you can even call it that, is just embarrassing. as is the video.

didnt think his mc'ing was that bad, But can see why some would think it was.. Definte The Streets vibe going on. But then I remember when i 1st heard Has it come to this and to start with thought it was a piss take.

since that review was taken down:

""1. R**** D*****

club unfriendly / versus / start stop fade out in back / break you / industrial self discovery / machine rhythms / asthma / walls shaking / abandoned church / one of these days i'm going to get organizized / headed towards oblivion / come down to us

2. H*****

the perpetuity of the drowned world / gospel core / angel echoes / > beat bliss / planes overhead / filling the crevices of the room with thick smoke

3. C*** D*** T* U*

help me find my way / everythings going to be ok / wet fire / shards of light / unsteady when i walk slow / things fall apart / vinyl loop skip / bring that beat back / eastern plucks / death itself / pleading / contemplating / crushed / resin scrapers / hold me closer / elemental / we're not alone / tears in the rain / unlovable / window washers of the universe

i like how he puts these pastiches together without a regard for convention, that they don't start and stop on a dime, they weave in and out of your speakers like the ghosts of radio past, a haunted beatbox that never spits the same station twice; dirty, broken, shapeless then formulaic then falls apart again. it's not music that MAKES you feel, it LETS you feel.

i think it's a beautiful mess.""

1. R**** D***** = Roland-MT32 Demos (that will hopefully go unnoticed)

2. H***** = High-pitch resampled womans warbling (from some soul record found in shoreditch)

3. C*** D*** T* U* = Crackley-Dust, Turntable-Unplug (feat wood block)

1. R**** D***** = Roland-MT32 Demos (that will hopefully go unnoticed)

2. H***** = High-pitch resampled womans warbling (from some soul record found in shoreditch)

3. C*** D*** T* U* = Crackley-Dust, Turntable-Unplug (feat wood block)

lols

Archived