IGNORED

Michael Bay lolol

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest trananhhung

It seems like a panic attack. His voice was already trembling during the first couple of sentences.

I don't care about his films, but people can be quite quite successful and suffer from stage frights and several phobias. Just a few days before this happened, the guardian published this: http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/jan/05/scott-stossel-anxiety-interview

I think the post-event douchiness is him trying to sound cool, like nothing happened. What I'm trying to say is that I feel sorry for him.

Guest Pennywise

What you're trying to say is that he's human basically. Its not that amazing imo. Its sort of non-news. I think people just want to make fun cos hes a shitty director and a bit of a cock. The whole story is something that should occupy the mind for a minute or so.

Guest Pennywise

The Rock is good. Thats the only one I saw in his catalogue that i liked

Films made for youngsters tho, hes right.

lol. It's only good by virtue of the fact that it's "not that bad". It's still overdone (the toe getting shot in the water and Rock swimming and finding it springs to mind, among other things), and drags on too long imo. I quite enjoyed the Rock's performance in it, though.

If he had exercised just a tad more restraint he could have entered Fargo territory, but of course restraint is not in Bay's vocabulary.

It is certainly one of the best films in his rather mediocre and product-placement-filled career, though.

His movies rely more on technology that actual storytelling. That's what makes this so poetic: take away his teleprompter, and he's got nothing to deliver to the audience

:cisfor:

Michael bay is underrated. His movies are on the same level as guys like Fellini

I'd put him more with a Kubrick or a Jodorowsky type auteur.

His movies rely more on technology that actual storytelling. That's what makes this so poetic: take away his teleprompter, and he's got nothing to deliver to the audience

probably had a lot to do with a power bump of white powder that was unexpectedly powerful in the green before his call out. "Ohh f,f,fuck, i've got to get out of here." Either that or the controversy was part of the media package, although why a director class of humon, which are generally known for ego, would accept to this type of ploy; kind of invalidates this idea. So probably drugs, drugs r bad mmkay.

probably had a lot to do with a power bump of white powder that was unexpectedly powerful in the green before his call out. "Ohh f,f,fuck, i've got to get out of here." Either that or the controversy was part of the media package, although why a director class of humon, which are generally known for ego, would accept to this type of ploy; kind of invalidates this idea. So probably drugs, drugs r bad mmkay.

This is, well...this would really explain it.

Seems a case of a control freak who realised he had no control and freaked out and left the stage.

Watched Pain & Gain last night and the documentary on the Blu-Ray is a pretty good insight into how he works. He is used to working with the same bunch of crew so he's on familiar terms with them, he can be bitchy with them, but they're his crew so they take it with a pinch of salt. He seems to be a bit of bitch during filming but even on a small scale ($24 Million) film like Pain & Gain he's running 30 cameras simultaneously (including 4 Red's, 8 normal film cameras, and 5 GoPro HD's amongst others) so everyone can understand how stressed he can get but are in awe of his wide range of tech skills. Wahlberg and The Rock insist he even has time to talk to actors.

A technical failure like the one at the Samsung gig must have blown his mind.

Marketing departments don't consider these things, they're there to spend money not make it. The press release didn't cost anything though did it, and it got the name quebec out there to everyone in quebec, to think about coming and visiting the city that they already live in. (noone else in the world read that press release or reported on it).

Yeah we all understood the underlying of this (free publicity via a press release). But it's not just opportunistic, it's kinda "cute" in a marketing way. It actually made the news outside the city, there were local press that did articles on it. So it worked!

And it's not like Quebec City sucks!

Archived