IGNORED

Michael Bay lolol

I try to take people on an emotional ride

He certainly delivers this time.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just painful, it's the the kind of shit that would haunt me if I was in the position where I had to hop up on stage and wax lyrical about a product I couldn't care less about.

He's a hack, but I do feel kind of sorry for him.

He freaked out and was probably nervous as hell. I don't blame him for walking off either, he's no actor. Well besides this one moment, arguably:

Aye, extreme stage fright - when he was reading the autocue you could hear it in his voice. I'm not at all a fan of his stuff (can't say I've actually ever watched anything he's done - the trailers put me off instantly) but still a bit cruel to have a pop at his crisis.

I was hoping the cognitive dissonance got too much for him. All this talk about how Hollywood creates these fantastic universes and how he wants to take his audience on some emotional ride. Really? He made those transformers flicks, right?

Maybe, just maybe, the feeling that he sold his soul to the devil was what drove him off stage.

Or the teleprompter didnt work properly... :/

I think you've hit the nail on the head there - he lacks such basic passion for his art that'd allow him to speak sincerely about it for 2 minutes.

I feel a bit for him though, been in similar situations myself when I haven't prepared for a presentation - trying to suppress a fight or flight response with a seriously panicked and impaired brain.

This is just painful, it's the the kind of shit that would haunt me if I was in the position where I had to hop up on stage and wax lyrical about a product I couldn't care less about.

He's a hack, but I do feel kind of sorry for him.

part of me feels sorry for anyone who's this powerful and rich who somehow still feels obligated to shill television sets or advertise products. Man that's fucking depressing to think about

T. Hanks kinda says something like it's part of some movie production contract, maybe the Michael Bay thing is similar dunno....

you wanna make Transformer 5? IT RUBS THE LOTION ON THE CURVE!!!

it's not like he got punched in the face or something, nothing to feel sorry about. dude is sick rich, if a diva like him can't fucking take it anymore, he should look for a different job, like planting trees or being an anon art director or some bullshit.

but if he's that rich why would he even do something like that? Seems really odd. The Tom Hanks route makes much more sense because he knows he can get away with disrupting the whole thing and making a mockery out of it, but to seriously go out there and read some kind of pre-scripted teleprompter thing to help sell/promote a samsung TV seems like something that no one making 8 figures a year should have to do, unless that's specifically their job like a CEO or something. The whole thing just exemplifies the depressing nature of the corporate world

Maybe he's got anxiety problems or something. I don't know about the guy, and I don't feel like watching Michael Bay interviews to check on his mental problems either, but maybe he had a panic attack or something. He should have just maid a joke about the teleprompter going off and laughed it off.

well whatever the case is, Megan Fox was pretty inaccurate in comparing him to Hitler. Hitler would have never panicked like that because the teleprompter (or whatever was the equivelent of one during his time) went off

the fail was understandable and though we all respond to schadenfreude, I could sympathize.

His post-fail spin on the whole thing is truly obnoxious though, watch this video! Super high levels of douchiness mixed in with some honesty

"I was about to talk about some very technical jargon"

"I've gotten so many texts from attractive women saying 'are you okay?'"

http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/07/michael-bay-ces-teleprompter-meltdown-tmz/

the fail was understandable and though we all respond to schadenfreude, I could sympathize.

His post-fail spin on the whole thing is truly obnoxious though, watch this video! Super high levels of douchiness mixed in with some honesty

"I was about to talk about some very technical jargon"

"I've gotten so many texts from attractive women saying 'are you okay?'"

http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/07/michael-bay-ces-teleprompter-meltdown-tmz/

Thanks for posting, Lumpy!

I find it hard to hear where the honesty part is, though. The douchiness really dominates. All I know is that a teleprompter fell on his head the night before in Vegas.

Thanks for posting, Lumpy!

I find it hard to hear where the honesty part is, though. The douchiness really dominates. All I know is that a teleprompter fell on his head the night before in Vegas.

it does dominate, I just find it funny how he's like a 9 year old boy or something. He starts by admitting, fairly honestly, that he jumped the gun and spoke out of turn. But then his ego rises up and he starts to explain it away and make excuses...then a little while later he seems to have another brief flash of down-to-earthness, followed by another knee-jerk ego-damage-control spasm

Guest zaphod

there was a rumor that john frankenheimer is michael bay's father. i like the idea that bay has been desperately blowing things up in order to get the attention of his biological father who abandoned him.

Too cringeworthy to contemplate. This schmuck is usually hidden behind a crew of of 40 assistant directors who translate his thoughts to the actors and cameraman. He shouldn't have been standing onstage alone in the first place. He must have felt naked. And with Megan Fox operating the autocue this could only end one way. Real toe curling, buttock clenching shit.

Archived