IGNORED

Venetian Snares Subforum - Should There Be One?

Joyrex

Venetian Snares Subforum  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Should WATMM Have a Venetian Snares Subforum?

this seems to me, a futile attempt. He clearly stated he was uncomfortable being represented here, albeit, 7-8 years ago. I can't see much that's changed, however, to change his opinion.

I voted no. I like Snares, btw, much better than most of the artists in the subforums.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest murphythecat8

if the vote pans out to be overwhelmingly in favour of it

A supermajority of seven-eights is needed for this change, though.

LOL, nice.

I actually like his Last Step stuff and Aaron seems like a cool guy, so I have no problems anymore with there being a Snares subforum for fans to talk about his music. My only concern is the people that do not like his stuff will use the forum as an opprotunity to bash his music.

people going there to bash would look like a fool and surely would be flamed

he's an amazing artist, he's been around for years and still strong, if he's ok with a subforum why not i say

lol

spoke the people that think boc and autechre are overrated

lol

Guest murphythecat8

where's the wisp subforum?

indeed!

I would make a place to so many other and better artist in the subforum section before even beginning to think about venetian snares.

where's the wisp subforum?

indeed!

I would make a place to so many other and better artist in the subforum section before even beginning to think about venetian snares.

The whole of watmm is a wisp subforum, cause he's a resident of watmm. There is the rephlex subforum though, if you want to be specific about one of the places in which you can discuss the chap's fine musics.

I think there should be a vsnares subforum. For one, there doesn't seem to be a vsnares forum anywhere on the internet, and his music is detailed enough that I've wanted a place to pick it apart with people.

I can see how being an artist in the public eye and having to deal with internet hate is not an easy thing to do, but it pains me that he chooses to listen to the haters instead of the fans. There are plenty of vsnares fans here on Watmm, I have no idea why he wouldn't feel welcome here. Aaron if you read this at some point, ignore the haters, you probably have more fans than haters on this message board anyways.

No response ey. Well you know what your next course of just has to be. Get on twitter and start a qitfight over him not responding, then we can make a thread about it on mike P's facebook and beatwife can chime in. It'll be cool.

I wanted one the first time, but seeing as mostly every artist sub forum on here consists of artists who release music so infrequently it makes everyone go a bit mad, and given that he's not released a proper venetian snares album in 5 years, I don't want the same level of inactivity to befall him. The more people talk about a musician, the less inclined he is to release stuff, it seems. The ones who make the most personal music anyway, are sensitive to the negativity and he obviously doesn't want it.

I actually avoid this place now, using it just acts as a cruel reminder of some of my favourite music acts not existing as they did. Like, every time i log on, i have to check the aphex twin threads, there's always a slimmer of hope. It's inevitable, and sad.

I'd rather avoid all that. The time to talk about the artists is when they're releasing stuff, otherwise it's just too disheartening, for me at least.

I didn't use this place when they all released stuff, it's only really been autechre who've been active. I just see it as a graveyard.

I wanted one the first time, but seeing as mostly every artist sub forum on here consists of artists who release music so infrequently it makes everyone go a bit mad, and given that he's not released a proper venetian snares album in 5 years, I don't want the same level of inactivity to befall him. The more people talk about a musician, the less inclined he is to release stuff, it seems. The ones who make the most personal music anyway, are sensitive to the negativity and he obviously doesn't want it.

I actually avoid this place now, using it just acts as a cruel reminder of some of my favourite music acts not existing as they did. Like, every time i log on, i have to check the aphex twin threads, there's always a slimmer of hope. It's inevitable, and sad.

I'd rather avoid all that. The time to talk about the artists is when they're releasing stuff, otherwise it's just too disheartening, for me at least.

I didn't use this place when they all released stuff, it's only really been autechre who've been active. I just see it as a graveyard.

He has an album coming out in May. So there's that.

I emailed Snares a few days ago... no response as of yet.

Oh well, you tried. Planet Mu forum tho?

Holy fuck suffocate peon, dont you see the huge ocean of raw talent out there? I fucking do. Open your eyes!

i really want this to happen. I'm obsessed with his shit and would love to have an area of this site to discuss his stuff with other users. i only found him a year ago and since then, have failed to get any of my friends to get into him. i've yet to nerd out with anyone over his music.

Holy fuck suffocate peon, dont you see the huge ocean of raw talent out there? I fucking do. Open your eyes!

Like...?

I probably see it and don't care. Even the good stuff i can take or leave. Music is either the best thing in the world, or something just alright. Any suggestions anyway?

I hope the new release is a new venetian snares album full of new tracks, not a compilation with remixes, or ep, side project, collaboration. Those new tracks in the thread sound like remixes of old stuff.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

my vote is "whatever Aaron Funk wants"

and if he says he just wants a hug, watmm should give the man a hug

Like...?

I probably see it and don't care. Even the good stuff i can take or leave. Music is either the best thing in the world, or something just alright. Any suggestions anyway?

I hope the new release is a new venetian snares album full of new tracks, not a compilation with remixes, or ep, side project, collaboration. Those new tracks in the thread sound like remixes of old stuff.

Loads. Right now it's Face Culler, Trackermatte and EOD I'm really enjoying. There are many others though all of which are mentioned on this forum. Stop sulking and living in the past.

Archived