IGNORED

Plaid - Reachy Prints

jlobkob

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I've given this a few proper listens and I think it's one of their most interesting pieces.

9 tracks, no filler, lots of punchy bass, medically accurate percussion, beaut melodies.... good stuff. A step up from scintilli in my books. Scintilli and Reachy Prints have a much higher production quality than their older releases (not that there was anything terrible about previous albums). It just sounds like the equing is a bit better. They're venturing into the lower end bass a lot more I think, which provides a nice counterpoint for their pretty melodies.

• 1 month later...
Guest Rulohead32

Bump

I got a Reachy Prints CD signed by Andy & Ed, that's the closest I've been to them until now, and by the moment they don't seem to be playing at Spain so...

I work in a record store and one of my colleagues is in his early 20s. He's into electronic music but if it came out in the 90s he's clueless. FSOL? Orb? Ae? Plaid? Nope!

His knowledge skips from the 70s to the 2000s. I always feel like an old fucking man lol.

fire that guy and give me the job

edit: but yeah this album is really great! I'm glad warp still release stuff like this that isn't trying to be anything that it isn't -- it's not the "hip" stuff right now but damn it's great to have people who just love making top-notch electronic music. What a treat

So far this is in my top three of the year and unless something really major gets announced, I don't think it's going to be replaced.

Amazing album of music, pristine production, no fillers - even the track order seems really well-thought out.

Bump

I got a Reachy Prints CD signed by Andy & Ed, that's the closest I've been to them until now, and by the moment they don't seem to be playing at Spain so...

by andy & ed, do you mean ed obrien?

This album is great, I'd even say probably one of their best, every one of the tracks has something interesting to offer hard to pick a favorite track, currently probably Wallet or Slam

Archived