IGNORED

Plaid - Reachy Prints

jlobkob

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just sayin', the first single vinyl-plattered Plaid album since Mbuki Mvuki...? Hawkmoth has already excited me more than any single track on Scintilli, good as that album was. I suspect this album may be great.

Just sayin', the first single vinyl-plattered Plaid album since Mbuki Mvuki...? Hawkmoth has already excited me more than any single track on Scintilli, good as that album was. I suspect this album may be great.

same! I'm really enjoying hawkmoth. It's very happy/warm sounding.

Depending on the content and the concept I'd say 40 mins is perfect for an album.

For some reason I'm really looking forward to this album, yet I own nothing by Plaid. I'm a strange cookie.

computerwelt = 00:34:21

exai = 02:00:32

>>> both perfect (appropriate) lengths

You know... I look back through all of my favorite albums from the 90s and none of them are nearly as short as 40 minutes. I'm not sure what albums everyone is referring to when they say that it was the norm.

=S

from 90s i can't either. but i'd say more earlier than that. 70s & 80s

also, amy winehouse - back to black = 00:35:00 -> perfect

as i said, relative length feeling or better to say -> an appropriate time is more important. imagine afx's hangable auto bulb (35 min) as 75 min long... :wtf::crazy:

from 90s i can't either. but i'd say more earlier than that. 70s & 80s

also, amy winehouse - back to black = 00:35:00 -> perfect

as i said, relative length feeling or better to say -> an appropriate time is more important. imagine afx's hangable auto bulb (35 min) as 75 min long... :wtf::crazy:

You're probably right, it must be a 70s/80s thing.

(HAB isn't an album though, it's a compilation from the vinyl HAB releases, just like Chosen Lords.. still I get your point that would be mental lol)

Guest Ron Manager

i haven't been interested in Plaid since P-Brane, like Goiter above. thought Spokes was pretty dull and haven't bothered much with the more recent stuff. but their 90s output is great. this sounds promising so i'll keep an eye on this new LP.

any love for their Peel Session? short and sweet, 4 excellent tracks. right up there with P-Brane in my books.

Hmmm. Also never really got into the Plaid stuff I've heard. Yet here I am making my first post after many years of lurking to say how much I'm digging this Hawkmoth track.

(Hello)

welcome :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Well actually after listening to the album in full, it is quite nice. Nothing really new, but nice. And probably worth buying it. Will have to listen again though.

how did you hear it already?

Well actually after listening to the album in full, it is quite nice. Nothing really new, but nice. And probably worth buying it. Will have to listen again though.

how did you hear it already?

Promo presumably.

When the album was first announced, the press releases stated a digital release on 18th April which has since been removed from more recent articles. Could we be in for a delicious treat on this dreary Good Friday?

http://www.factmag.com/2014/03/19/plaid-reveal-forthcoming-album-reachy-prints-hear-new-track-hawkmoth/

RDJ Album=33 mins (of heaven).

This will be great btw.

It's 43:28

?

When the album was first announced, the press releases stated a digital release on 18th April which has since been removed from more recent articles. Could we be in for a delicious treat on this dreary Good Friday?

http://www.factmag.com/2014/03/19/plaid-reveal-forthcoming-album-reachy-prints-hear-new-track-hawkmoth/

Interesting. Maybe just a typo on the month though. We shall see!

Archived