IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

Guest Papillon

I hope there are more surprises than the semi official CD cover.

No offense to you PSN personally because I know this term has been circulating a bit, but is there really such as thing as "semi official" isn't either official or not? I didn't think there was a gray area when it comes to officiality. J

Shouldn't we just say unofficial? Or in other words not official i.e. fake

But the music is definitely official I'd say.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prepare for so many bonus tracks it will take months to become familiar with half of them.

snarf shnarf, oh Lion O!!! (Richard is Lion O)

Im stoned goodnight!!!

No offense to you PSN personally because I know this term has been circulating a bit, but is there really such as thing as "semi official" isn't either official or not? I didn't think there was a gray area when it comes to officiality. J

I would imagine some situations where a release would be considered semi-official would be where you have a band or group with two or more members and only some of them gave their approval. Or out of multiple rights holders, only at least one giving the okay. "Semi-official anything" might apply in this case only as far as the fact that it's both Richard and Rephlex who own rights to these recordings (as far as I know) so if anything was done without the permission of one of them, it would be considered semi-official. Not that that's ever happened or would be the case here. As for the cover artwork and the whole thing Joyrex is doing, I would consider it unofficial unless Richard/Rephlex give their blessings.

Guest Papillon

It hasn't been made official yet, only hinted to. :cisfor:

Oh that's what you meant.. now I get it. Sorry it's a bad thinking day.

:emb:

I'm calling that the MP3 folder will contain a silly ASCII .txt file from Richard saying something along the lines of ''Hey you crazy hopeless bastards, thanks for buying my discarded and antedeluvian music, I hope you enjoy this cuz I'm retired from releasing music and I'm living the good life, smoke a spliff and enjoy my masterpieces, bye''.

I think the download will contain all of those viruses that RDJ is so fond of, plus a new one that he just wrote.

Surprise fan boy troll!

Edited by Gocab

I'm calling that the MP3 folder will contain a silly ASCII .txt file from Richard saying something along the lines of ''MassfreeKid will burn in hell for the way he has lived his life so far and the outspoken, overconfident opinions he's held. He came into this too late in the game to be so forthright. Mom/Dad, cut this brat's allowance for at least 6 months. Then let him live the next 50 years in peace before hell welcomes him, with the dark lord Pazuzu greeting him at the gates of the demon's domain ''

I'm calling that the MP3 folder will contain a silly ASCII .txt file from Richard saying something along the lines of ''MassfreeKid will burn in hell for the way he has lived his life so far and the outspoken, overconfident opinions he's held. He came into this too late in the game to be so forthright. Mom/Dad, cut this brat's allowance for at least 6 months. Then let him live the next 50 years in peace before hell welcomes him, with the dark lord Pazuzu greeting him at the gates of the demon's domain ''

I see that I have a fanboy. :) Sorry buddy if I have hurt you in any way, now let's focus on the positive side of life and embrace in lush friendliness. A new album is coming our way and we'll both love it the same. :)

Few more days.

Yes. :yeah:

Now listening to Bradley Strider, Pac-Man, On and GAK in preparation for the big day. For years I had given up the hope to get a new afx and now it's happening so I feel like listening to all his before-1995 material. It's a special weekend to say the least!

GAK is underrated. Analogue Bubblebath 4 is criminally underrated.

Currently listening to Surfing On Sine Waves, expecting fairly similar material based on some of Mike P's descriptions. Will blast Compilation around the time the download vouchers get sent out to hold me over until I can hear it.

I'm calling that the MP3 folder will contain a silly ASCII .txt file from Richard saying something along the lines of ''Hey you crazy hopeless bastards, thanks for buying my discarded and antedeluvian music, I hope you enjoy this cuz I'm retired from releasing music and I'm living the good life, smoke a spliff and enjoy my masterpieces, bye''.

antediluvian? yeah, because his music after the great flood was so very, very different