IGNORED

What is the rarest video game you own?

NorthernFusion

Oh yeah, I have a Panasonic 3DO and a bunch of games for it. The problem is, the plastic gear responsible for moving the laser is stripped and it doesn't move any more. I've looked into getting it repaired, but no one seems willing.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

conkers bad fur day for the n64, i bought it for £50 5/6 years ago, amazing game

I've never played this, and the original Xbox remaster isn't an option either since it has parts of it are missing from the original.

i highly recommend getting a emulator for it, if anyone is on a mac and needs a n64 emulator sixtyforce is so far damn good.

I don't have an xbox so I'll have to go with an emulator. On windows I have used Project64 with some success.

from what i heard the xbox version is not as good as original so emulator all the way!

man, i wish microsoft never bought rare, they could be making some great games now. imagine a sequel to jet force gemini!

Oh yeah, I have a Panasonic 3DO and a bunch of games for it. The problem is, the plastic gear responsible for moving the laser is stripped and it doesn't move any more. I've looked into getting it repaired, but no one seems willing.

Buy a used (broken) 3DO and cannibalize it for parts (hopefully the gear is not broken either)

I still have 2 copies of Final Fantasy VII. 1 original and 1 greatest hits.

I also have The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2. Which isn't really a game.

MGS2_Document.jpg

600full-rakugaki-showtime-cover.jpg

Rakugaki Showtime: Treasure / Enix game that was pulled from shelves shortly after its release (1999) due to a 'falling out' between the two companies. Probably the rarest Treasure game (and one of the oddest):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSzg0dzYbcc

That's really cool - love the art style/concept on the cover too!

probably Dragon Warrior IV for NES

I have all the NES ones and VII for Playstation too (which is maybe rare I dunno? All I remember is it's LONGEST GAME EVER like it was the first one in the series to record your playtime and I racked up 100 hours at least?)

$80 MIB not a lot but it's something

EA65CBB5-3A54-4D0F-8048-6E958A482844_zps

got Rez a few years ago including the Trance vibrator

GbZgXQl.jpg

Never played the follow up game Child of Eden, is it any good?

And not sure if it counts as rare, but also the "Bowie game"

Omikron_-_The_Nomad_Soul_Coverart.jpg

Graphically aye, gameplay wise aye - but there's just something that doesn't site right with me. It's like the younger J-Pop sibling of the introverted older Rez

$80 MIB not a lot but it's something

EA65CBB5-3A54-4D0F-8048-6E958A482844_zps

got Rez a few years ago including the Trance vibrator

GbZgXQl.jpg

And not sure if it counts as rare, but also the "Bowie game"

Omikron_-_The_Nomad_Soul_Coverart.jpg

I thought Bowie was in Omicron

anyone got a copy of Radiant Silvergun?

I do not own it myself, but a friend at work does, among other rare shmups (Border Down for the DC for eg). I have seen it, I have played it, and I am terrible at it.

I used to own a sealed Saturn Copy up until 2006 when I eBay'd it. Saturn has the best Shmup games, my favourite being Battle Garegga:

^ Also has one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard in a game.

Rakugaki Showtime: Treasure / Enix game that was pulled from shelves shortly after its release (1999) due to a 'falling out' between the two companies. Probably the rarest Treasure game (and one of the oddest):

you beat me to it. After losing 2 discs in my Panzer Dragoon Saga box, this remains as the rarest game I own in complete form.

yes

rarest system I ever owned was the PC-FX, which was the 32-bit sequel to the PC-engine / TG-16

pcfx.jpg

you beat me to it. After losing 2 discs in my Panzer Dragoon Saga box, this remains as the rarest game I own in complete form.

yes

rarest system I ever owned was the PC-FX, which was the 32-bit sequel to the PC-engine / TG-16

pcfx.jpg

I always wanted an FM Townes Marty so I could have an arcade-accurate home version of Splatterhouse...

anybody here own a virtual boy?

I do. I only have Virtual Wario and Mario's Tennis.

I have tons of games, but the only one that you could truly call rare is Ogre Battle for SNES. Lots of people mistake collectibility for rarity. Just because something is collectible doesn't mean that it's rare, it just means that people want them for whatever reason. Rarityguide says Chrono Trigger is rare, but it's not. People just want it because it's a really great game.

I have plenty of collectible/highly-sought after games.

I have tons of games, but the only one that you could truly call rare is Ogre Battle for SNES. Lots of people mistake collectibility for rarity. Just because something is collectible doesn't mean that it's rare, it just means that people want them for whatever reason. Rarityguide says Chrono Trigger is rare, but it's not. People just want it because it's a really great game.

It amazes how much Chrono Trigger has maintained its value considering it's available pretty much everywhere.

It amazes how much Chrono Trigger has maintained its value considering it's available pretty much everywhere.

When a game is good, it's just good, and everyone wants it. It's available in all kinds of formats, and the definitive version is the DS one, which is pretty easy to find as far as I know, but everyone wants the SNES version.

Archived