IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

'Announcing 'Syro' - A new album by Aphex Twin to be released on Warp Records 22/23 September.

Whenever one of the most celebrated and influential electronic fartist, Richard D. James can compete with the music flip to influence built. The better part of a decagon, James Polygon Window, Caustic Window, GAK and maintain, including `Aphex Twin has unreleased music under several thousand monikers great pace.'

i presume you guys noticed this already, i havent been here for the 120 pages

I'm not sure why this exists, but the photoshop possibilities are endless:

brian-posehn-the-fartist-films-photo-u1.

morning all:)

very new here; I lurked during the boctransmissions, good to share the excitement about the imminent shit. so how many of the live tracks are established as being n the record? I know the usual suspects: m,mz,St. is there a fourth?

I try to update the original post with useful information for as long as it feels relevant to do so. There is no track or performance apart from manchester, metz or singapore that's virtually confirmed, let alone suggested, although some members have baselessly suggested that the Barbican (suspended piano) performance might be aisatsana (track 12).

There are two recent interview snippets by fader mag and pitchfork if you check back with the OP.

Current news is that we have discovered the typeface on the album cover to be Norm Simple Regular.

Nah, the font is definitely Decima Mono. Look at Norm Simple's W, it's too wide, The serifs on the I are too narrow. The 'g' is totally different from the one seen in the album artwork. Compare the lowercase fonts..!

Here's Decima Mono Light

2iup05x.png

And regular, which is probably used for the vignette

2n7qzic.png

I'm a typography nerd

wicked, thanks for postting this

well done. i immediately went to simple (i use that font often at work) but i noticed the edges weren't rounded, i just thought they modified the typeface.

nice one.

Guest skibby

for future reference, if you want to identify any font, just go to google and search for "online font identification" there is at least one site that lets you upload image files, whether you get the font from a photo or a screenshot.

sheesh, its not even that IDM cmon guise

So much exitement for the font but nobody here splattering their pants for the possibility of a second new aphex twin album now a new clark is announced???

Wtf people mind blown

All of this burger talk is a pretty shameful way to get past 150 pages. It's like Watergate all over again. It was going to be a landslide, anyway. No need to resort to dirty tricks.

Guest BorealPants

So much exitement for the font but nobody here splattering their pants for the possibility of a second new aphex twin album now a new clark is announced???

Wtf people mind blown

Forget 4chan, Nostradamus clearly predicted not 2 but 3 new Aphex albums this 500+ years ago:

Quatrain 10.28
Second and third which make first class music
They will be by the King in honour sublimated,
Through fat and thin, almost half-emaciated
The report of Venus, false, rendering (one) debased.

Wtf people mind blown

Because until it's announced, it remains a possibility - just like SYRO was imminent, but didn't know exactly when (well, not everyone was unaware of when).

Wtf people mind blown

Because until it's announced, it remains a possibility - just like SYRO was imminent, but didn't know exactly when (well, not everyone was unaware of when).
More shit is imminent!! Edited by Ivan Ooze

okay, so maybe there's a second album coming after this one, but what about a third one? maybe a fourth one is imminent?

well

aphex said himself that most recent events has inspired a new wave of output

sgotta' be more than one release

Edited by StephenG

okay, so maybe there's a second album coming after this one, but what about a third one? maybe a fourth one is imminent?

well

ok good, cuz ive been thinking maybe fifth and sixth ones are imminent too

well

possible

4 and 5 of somethings don't make a wave

maybe 6s and 7s of somethings

well

possible

4 and 5 of somethings don't make a wave

maybe 6s and 7s of somethings

greedy bastards :p

IMO: I'm over the goddamn moon about SYRO regardless, but I'm inclined to think there's gonna be another release, and Joyrex knows, which is why we're still getting so many mysterious comments with ellipses...

Because you never know...

Except I think he does.

Or does he...?

Yes

Hmm... "Digitisation from tape archive copy of The Making of Windowlicker"...

Edit: nevermind, someone mentioned this 51 pages ago...

Edited by ZoeB

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be definitely grabbing that mag when it comes out!

The stuff they're already revealing in this bit is very interesting btw, firstly the confirmation of the end of Rephlex, it seems :(

and yes, he confirmed he's the Tuss in here. I'll try to translate the whole interview when it's out!

yes! in dutch though.

btw: he confirms tuss=rdj. not that we didn't know already, but whatever.

it's not the entire interview, but just a part. basically goes into the why behind the artwork. Richie's basically obsessed with the mechanisms behind how shit gets made. So, the artwork consists of the actual marketing costs to give you/him an idea. So now we know. (also, rephlex is defunct since october last year?)

nvmnd: mister Jan was faster! ;D

Edited by goDel

Can't wait to see the rest of it. Dig the Tuss confirmation... and it sounds like he's (re?)warming up to the big label doing the work for him. I've heard from several producers that releasing everything on your own label is a huge pain in the ass.