IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be definitely grabbing that mag when it comes out!

The stuff they're already revealing in this bit is very interesting btw, firstly the confirmation of the end of Rephlex, it seems :( also the bit about Fader breaking the code of silence about the interviews. That's why Pitchfork immediately followed...

and yes, he confirmed he's the Tuss in here. I'll try to translate the whole interview when it's out!

strange to use the term defunct.

Don't the new direct from artist (aleksi, jodey kendrick etc) releases hold CAT#s similar to rephlex?

Can't wait for Herr's translation

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be definitely grabbing that mag when it comes out!

The stuff they're already revealing in this bit is very interesting btw, firstly the confirmation of the end of Rephlex, it seems :( also the bit about Fader breaking the code of silence about the interviews. That's why Pitchfork immediately followed...

and yes, he confirmed he's the Tuss in here. I'll try to translate the whole interview when it's out!

strange to use the term defunct.

Don't the new direct from artist (aleksi, jodey kendrick etc) releases hold CAT#s similar to rephlex?

Can't wait for Herr's translation

Not sure how Klobjob did it so fast (you speak Dutch mate?) but his translation of this part is decent (except for 'Also state that between?' lol).

I really hope to read more about Rephlex's demise in the full interview though, this is sad. I think the last albums to contain a CAT# were D'Arcangelo's Audiovisual Designs and BW's Good Programs. Those were both #235. APMusik - MU3 also got a CAT# (234), after that no Aleksi release had a barcode, CAT# or anything...

The last official Rephlex release, bearing the logo and name, was Pierre Bastien - Machinations. Currently listening the demise of Rephlex.mp3 :(

is there an explanation why he kills rephlex ?

Since he is a beloved father of 3 twins I suppose he does not have enough time to handle a record label.

Kids are not like drummachines you just cant switch them on and off.

is there an explanation why he kills rephlex ?

Since he is a beloved father of 3 twins I suppose he does not have enough time to handle a record label.

Kids are not like drummachines you just cant switch them on and off.

A part of it is explained in the interview: the money lost on the Analords release (for example). Just the manufacturing of the binder was between 80-90 pounds a piece so they lost on that big time. He notes there are more reasons the label is now defunct, but they aren't mentioned yet.

Guest Retrig

While I have no idea if Rephlex is really dead or not, it's important to note that it is the interviewer claiming Rephlex to be dead, not Richard.

At least now we know that both of Tuss releases were an EPs, and not EP & LP!!!

focking bad news bout rephlex thou...fucking pirates...need a drink

While I have no idea if Rephlex is really dead or not, it's important to note that it is the interviewer claiming Rephlex to be dead, not Richard.

Good one. I assumed it mostly because I figured there was a cut between the rest of the conversation where he maybe already spoke about Rephlex. I reckon they (the journalists) would ask Aphex about it before just claiming the end of Rephlex.

Plus, Richard doesn't deny it and goes with the claim in his answer. Aphex said the same thing to messiaen as well (about killing off Rephlex or something?)

plus rephlex's sublabels are still going, so ?????

Well, sort of, after those last releases (APmusik - MU3, BW and D'Arcangelo) SRD stepped out the picture, since then all the releases were directly via the artist / bandcamp plus suddenly had no barcode or CAT# anymore. Those last releases were out in september 2013.

If Rephlex is no more, who is going to step up and pick up some of these great artists? Wisp for instance.. who will handle his next release? (which is sure to be amazing https://soundcloud.com/dwaallicht/32614-mp3)

Also, does anyone have any good Sryo desktop wallpapers??

WeMe is already releasing a good bit of the Rephlex roster

true!

ceephax, mnlth is on there somewhere...

and ya where the heck is wisp these days, haven't seen him around these parts lately

If Rephlex is no more, who is going to step up and pick up some of these great artists? Wisp for instance.. who will handle his next release? (which is sure to be amazing https://soundcloud.com/dwaallicht/32614-mp3)

Those will be taking care of: http://forum.watmm.com/topic/83233-braindance-record-labels-thread/ :)

What I find more disheartening is the fact that Rephlex picked up on so many good new debuting artists/genres that later went on to do great stuff on other/bigger labels, who will take those same chances? Also with offering stuff like Freakwincey, Pierre Bastien, Slipper, Hecker and Voafose next to the more electronic side of Rephlex (the braindance). All the Rephlex style labels only pick up on the electronic braindancy stuff.

It explains a lot in any case, the end of the CAT#'s, that huge Rephlex sale on Norman, etc. I really hope Grant and/or Aphex will try something different in the future, they were my absolute favourite music 'filter' / supplier.

Yeah, it's sad to see Rephlex going. He had a nose for new and interesting stuff. With the loss of Rephlex, we get to lose that nose as well.

I don't understand why he didn't release a regular AFX album. Analogue Bubblebaths 6-10? Should have been good for business, I'd assume. (but apparently not..)

Guest Abstract Daddy

aye that is a real shame, end of era, but at least there are these sublabels going on, hmmm, wonder who wisp will release with...

And Jodey and Dave? Does anyone know where I can keep an eye on these three?

aye that is a real shame, end of era, but at least there are these sublabels going on, hmmm, wonder who wisp will release with...

And Jodey and Dave? Does anyone know where I can keep an eye on these three?

Jodey: follow him on facebook, he releases on WeMe, Signals, has his own "sublabel" called EDM ( https://edmsoundwave.bandcamp.com/ ) with more upcoming, etc.

Dave: yeah, good one. No idea. He just released a remix through Love Love records. Also check out his facebook page.

Wisp: where are you man :)