IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

aso3KNC.png

Ow lawd, that answer is totally bonkers. :facepalm:

They found a copy machine so they can rehash any interview already published.

Also, I think the fact the steinvord hasnt been mentioned in not even interview (but the tuss has) means that it's a conscious effort not to mention it. There might be a signed agreement to not talk about steinvord or something.

Edited by goDel

I know this is way, way late, but I noticed that when the hype was first being unleashed for this album, websites kept putting out the same image of that blimp "spotted flying over London."

Everyone knows that that wasn't a real blimp, right? The string is right there, in plain sight. It's and oversized balloon shaped like a blimp, probably floated for a few minutes so warp's undercover hype-generators could snap some iphone photos of it and put them on the web...

I know this is way, way late, but I noticed that when the hype was first being unleashed for this album, websites kept putting out the same image of that blimp "spotted flying over London."

Everyone knows that that wasn't a real blimp, right? The string is right there, in plain sight. It's and oversized balloon shaped like a blimp, probably floated for a few minutes so warp's undercover hype-generators could snap some iphone photos of it and put them on the web...

This has already been established :wink:

this is the company that put it up:

http://www.blimps.co.uk

here you can read their blog entry about it:

http://www.blimps.co.uk/Blog/Warp-Records-Aphex-Twin-Promotional-Blimp.aspx

Edited by o00o

My guess is that Richard is creating new installationy art things with the help of Chris Cunningham and it will be like Disney World for weirdos. Aphex is Walt Disney

Re: the whole Joyrex announcement:

You never know - Richard might contract with WARP to reissue his Rephlex material, or he might go and put up a Bandcamp page for it all...

I think this little nugget (from a recent Analord thread) has something to do with it. Those three little dots say so much...

No "new" music, but a nice comprehensive outlet for the old stuff?

Re: the whole Joyrex announcement:

You never know - Richard might contract with WARP to reissue his Rephlex material, or he might go and put up a Bandcamp page for it all...

I think this little nugget (from a recent Analord thread) has something to do with it. Those three little dots say so much...

No "new" music, but a nice comprehensive outlet for the old stuff?

i cant imagine any kind of re-issue would be mind blowing news since it's already 'out there'

new old unheard music however would be

like all his jams with vibert for example

Edited by Guest

new old unheard music, like with the digital release of those analords on rephlex you mean?

you know, it would be pretty obvious when the back catalogue is going to be put up for sale again, it would have some extras along with it, don't you think?

Edited by goDel

don't know how to quote from another thread but here's what JR said:

"What Richard needs is someone trustworthy with a good ear/understanding of his music to go through his archives, and do a few rounds of selections, get back to Richard, have Richard select the ones he feels meet his standards, etc. - I don't know if anyone at WARP currently has the history with his music capable of doing such a thing, and I think Richard has very high standards when it comes to his music, so I doubt he'd feel comfortable having anyone but himself doing that."

This is a great idea. i understand that for RDJ, slogging through unreleased material, and if we're to believe him, it's a colossal amount, would be tiresome. This strategy gets the music out AND rewards one superfan (I nominate myself :) and symbolically rewards all us superfans. AND FOR THE SAKE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND TRUE make the badger still-life the back cover.

Didn't Joyrex make it clear that it has nothing to do with new music at all?

I suppose that counts for new old music as well?

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/84826-aphex-twin-melodies-from-mars/page-5#entry2227536

Hint?

<syro> i also volunteer to go through rdj's collection and select the best ones. but i would need to borrow his dat player too

alternatively, he could just do a 1 week dj set of it all and watmm can just shout out when there is a good track so he can save it into a folder as it goes </syro>

Edited by Guest

i would seriously hope he's converted any old tracks he has on DAT tapes over to just digital wavs on a hard drive or something by now...

i've read those DAT tapes go bad eventually, at least mechanically, and that once they do it's going to be maybe impossible to get anything off of it

can you guys start a joyrex riddles speculation thread or something, some people want to read about syro. sorry but there's like 15 pages of jrex plssss

No, please don't make another thread just for speculation, if there's even anything coming Joyrex will make a thread about it. There are more than enough speculation threads.