IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

back on speculation train: I think I'm going to read into Joyrex saying its not "new" music. My hopes are for some creative way to unleash the archives... And that really would be bigger than the Caustic Window thing. Just imagine more tunes from the SAW1 days... hell any days. There must be a shit load of gems.

If Fantano's reading, this is how you do a video review

(just a shame he pronounced Autechre as 'Awwtekrah' WRONG WRONG WRONG)

I pronounced it that way for years.. and my bad habit carried over to my friends. doh. The right way still sounds wrong to me.

I pronounce it with a hard C. At the front.

I don't see anything other than new music being worth being excited about. Unless WATMM becomes the official portal of everything RDJ related.

No, trust me - this will be very exciting - when (if) this comes to fruition, it will blow peoples' minds - it blew mine!

And you thought druqks was quite good!... I wonder if my mind will explode lol

no, but you'll be able to do this

tumblr_mkk3vgy6OV1s9qyxvo1_400.gif

I misread the post and thought Joyrex was talking about new music... my fault... but the complimentary gif is cool, glad I misread :D

wow, now that sounds promising :-)!

maybe that blog/interview needs it's own thread before your post gets buried in this syro megathread!

Edited by StephenG

I think lemanruss makes some good points and supports his opinion. Everyone is getting super defensive here. He's not an idiot because he doesn't like it. Everyone stop with the god damned name calling. You are all being so childish right now. What is the point of discussion if all you hear is your own thoughts? I love this album but I completely understand why people would be let down. C'mon babies lets all love each other. We're a rare breed of weirdos, no need for the weirdo on weirdo violence.

He's an idiot for saying shit like this.

"If YOU can't hear the stuff missing from Syro, then you not only have shit in your ears, but you are devoid of any real emotion, and are running purely on the dullest of fanboy juice. "

So check yourself before calling people childish. Seems like a fair thing to get defensive about, being told you have shit in your ears.

That was in direct response to someone who made the insult first, and you know it. You insulting me for insulting someone is amusing.

Anyway, back to it; for a forum devoted to Aphex, there is surprisingly little detailed review or opinion by people who like Syro. I will refrain from telling you all why I think that is, and will just sit here waiting for people to start explaining in emotive detail what they love about it.

Hey LemanRuss

When you have a chance, check out the hand claps in produk 29; obsessive hand clap tweaking is an aphex trademark and you won't be disappointed...

Joyrex stop teasing us, tell us something, it's been almost a day already!

giphy.gif

i know i sound like a little cunt. but come oooon (ну скажиииии, нам, ну скажииии) please tell us please tell

Edited by Mag