IGNORED

CHAPPIE (2015)

vertsk8er419

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like yolandi as a yolandi, but i don't think i would sit even thru a minute of her acting in the movie, i cant stand this "little girl pussy wussy talk". :sad: ninja looks nice

from reviews it seems that kids liked it, while normal critics didnt (they always compare it to district 9, wtf, stop this shit and enjoy the movie like it was a diffeent director who shot it, i hate that attitude)

well, i guess it was a movie for cool kids, so it should be good in what it is, cant w8 to see

i like yolandi as a yolandi, but i don't think i would sit even thru a minute of her acting in the movie, i cant stand this "little girl pussy wussy talk". :sad: ninja looks nice

from reviews it seems that kids liked it, while normal critics didnt (they always compare it to district 9, wtf, stop this shit and enjoy the movie like it was a diffeent director who shot it, i hate that attitude)

well, i guess it was a movie for cool kids, so it should be good in what it is, cant w8 to see

Ya but if the director is spitting out the same old shit, i think that's fair criticism

Ya but if the director is spitting out the same old shit, i think that's fair criticism

I see your point. Maybe you are right and it's same old shit, i haven't watched the movie yet

I got impression that district is more about immigrants, "low" races and racism, overpopulation, significance of life etc, and chappy is more about a uniqe child surviving in cruel world, AI stuff, control, slavery, freedom. Both of this movies share same "slum" setting and stylisticaly look close to each other, but tell different stories. But I can see many possible parallels to it, yeah. It depends on what things director focused his attention. They can be very same and very different.

But! =)): even if it tells the same idea in same setting, but the movie is really good, i dont see why it should be critisized and destroyed to 30-40%. Specially if you compare it to other movies, not just district 9. Many years later no one will give a shit which came first and people will appraise the movie for what it is. Originality is not the only criteria of a good movie, that was my point =)

ok i will not say a word more untill i watch it.

and what critics know anyway, so much cult movies failed at first, no one digged bladerunner when it was out etc. critics...

Well I've decided not to go see Chapz tomorrow after all...at least until there sufficient audience reviews to convince me otherwise over the next week.

I reckon there should be some of those reviews making their way into this thread very soon...

pros:

d.a.

robots

a.i.

the future

cgi

cons: the director

i still want to see it. maybe on cheap day at the movie theater. the rate i get to netflix discs at, i spend 10 bucks on each one anyway.

reviews dont phase me too much. the masses are often wrong.

who here has seen it?

Guest bitroast

20% fresh rating http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/chappie/

very surprising to see such a low rating. i'm still going to be watching it.

i'm not at all! Elysium was a terrible film and the trailer for this looked ... questionable.

everyone hyping on the alien sequel and guy hasn't exactly had an amazing track record.

district 9 is white guilt in a bottle.

its still a decent movie, elysium's social commentary was 10x dumber believe it or not. It's not just the 20% on rotten tomatoes that worries me, check out the reviews themselves. He's getting a lot of 'he's taken m night's place' style feedback, and that's kind of a mark of death. One 'great' movie and every subsequent attempt with a bigger budget is a failure. I doubt we're going to see him making something as horrendous as After Earth down the road, but it doesnt bode well for his Alien concept

pros:

d.a.

robots

a.i.

the future

cgi

cons: the director

who here has seen it?

I'm seeing it tomorrow and looking forward to it. I love District 9 and thought Esylium was ok ;got a bit lost scriptwise but still decent. All you're ''pro's' are my ''cons'' because they're the elements of similarity to so many recent releases. Transcendence & Ex Machina were so samey because they were regurgitating the same stuff from all the best sci-fi of the last 20 years. I worry for Chappie because i think he might get lost in the worm hole of recent releases. I hope it has some elements which sets him apart.

Saw it tonight and it was fucking great. I'm not a huge die antwoord fan but putting them in the film was genius. Also wtf @ the director hate. He's only made like 3 feature films and 2 are great. Haven't seen Elysium which I hear is not as good but 2 outta 3 being great is a pretty decent ratio!

was going to see this over the weekend but became so disenchanted with reviews that we decided to just stay in and play murder simultar 2k14. probably gonna see it on thursday tho. i just hope it's better than elysium

Archived