IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

I'm not falling for it

wtf stop with these unwelcome distractions im busy posting an pressing f5 on the sc page

just make a SC login and follow that account, you'll get emailed when new stuff is uploaded.

Whoever it is did a good job nailing some of the mid 90s RDJ sounds. Doesn't sound like softsynths to me. Assuming it's fake, it's a shame they decided to hide behind an established name. It's really not bad at all.

Whoever it is did a good job nailing some of the mid 90s RDJ sounds. Doesn't sound like softsynths to me. Assuming it's fake, it's a shame they decided to hide behind an established name. It's really not bad at all.

I like that they put some of his album covers in the header, just in case you don't know who it is.

Prob fake, plus the soundcloud page link is one of the old ones so perhaps this has been processing for a while.

Downloading anyway, just in case.

Guest kernunrex
I've been thinking that we've probably already got AB6 track 1, seeings how we've got five track 1s already (and five track 8s, one of which was an AB6 track). Hmm... but which one fits best?

1 70`s Tune

1 Chink 101

1 Human Rotation

1 nocares

1 P - String

greetings people. i discovered this http://user48736353001.bandcamp.com/releasesa couple of hours ago in a google search. i was the one that send it to WATMM's fb page. fake or real? shit...

you get right the hell out of here I've had it with these leechers trying to profit from the attention this is getting

Guest Monsieur Vernierport

Purely going by ear and the weirdness of it all I'd say genuine, hard to forge. Instrument list and handwriting may provide more phorensic clues. ANalog4 is a recent bit of kit so if it is connected to the trax then this could be recent stuff

Guest murphythecat8

greetings people. i discovered this http://user48736353001.bandcamp.com/releasesa couple of hours ago in a google search. i was the one that send it to WATMM's fb page. fake or real? shit...

you get right the hell out of here I've had it with these leechers trying to profit from the attention this is getting

its obviously fake, but its kinda nice I find.

and seriously, calm down

Just to clarify again: the chances are very slim to none that there will be another SC or bandcamp account made by Richard for this. Try to be more critical when you do approach these, of course Richard would never even bother with a Bandcamp account just for five average tracks with a banner full of horrible cliché known photos of himself and his older albums, etc. The coming months will be full of people pointing towards hundreds of fake accounts by people who now have a very easy way to get attention to their music.

Nothing new people, this was already happening in the Audiogalaxy / Kazaa days, people like to try and convince people they could sound like Aphex.

I've been thinking that we've probably already got AB6 track 1, seeings how we've got five track 1s already (and five track 8s, one of which was an AB6 track). Hmm... but which one fits best?
1 70`s Tune
1 Chink 101
1 Human Rotation
1 nocares
1 P - String

I would say P-String.

ABBs usually kick off with a banger, and its from the right year (94ish) .

that one fits the most closely but i'm not sure, the rest of the EP is so cohesive. reminds me of the stuff Cylob was doing around the smae time (Smack Em Up Sharp). lots of clanky percussion, not much bass, and the melodies arising from the strange harmonics.

Edited by The CIA

Guest prototype303

leecher? lose the attitude, i'm not here to leech.

i found this ep by doing a google search and HELL NO! i did not create these tracks.

profit from the attention this is getting? what the fuck mate? seriously?

Just to clarify again: the chances are very slim to none that there will be another SC or bandcamp account made by Richard for this. Try to be more critical when you do approach these, of course Richard would never even bother with a Bandcamp account just for five average tracks with a banner full of horrible cliché known photos of himself and his older albums, etc. The coming months will be full of people pointing towards hundreds of fake accounts by people who now have a very easy way to get attention to their music.

Nothing new people, this was already happening in the Audiogalaxy / Kazaa days, people like to try and convince people they could sound like Aphex.

Exactly! It's just annoying they're pretending to be aphex, it's decent music. They should put it under their real name so people can actually follow them.

Guest kernunrex

Nope, we've got a six (it was in the comments instead of tagged at the end of the song name):

2 Dual Acid Ab6
3 hollow alias ab6
4 how to science ab6
5 How To Science 2 Ab6
6 Step Up To Cornwall
7 Clapstab Ab6
8 World Waver Ab6

yeah it's kinda sad when people feel they need to resort to that kind of thing. I agree it's not bad at all, but AFX it ain't.

Guest kernunrex

I would say P-String.

I was thinking the same... plus, it's my fave by far (well, not too far from Chink 101).

Edited by kernunrex

1 70`s Tune

1 Chink 101

1 Human Rotation

1 nocares

1 P - String

I would say P-String.

that's the one from the peel session no? might be..

Guest prototype303

i'm here to share my love for the afx sound with like minded individuals. nothing more. these past few days have been insane...

Fork Rave in on some tearout '90s acid breaks man..... serious.