IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

ideally everyone should be aware of everything.

but your whole concern is based on the request of the so called sjws to change the curriculum and just not study certain things, a request that obviously doesn't exist.

It's not a request, it's an unintended consequence

How could "holding teacher's accountable" for controversial content NOT result in altered curricula? If you dis-incentivize something, it will happen less...that is as fundamental as psychological facts get

One word answer: tenure.

Tenure might protect from losing your job, but that is not the only "accountability"

And besides, not ever professor has tenure, so....

What other "accountability" are you referring to? Tenured professors can get away with so much shit.

Even if a prof isn't tenured, universities who want to continue to hire will generally back their professors. Look at the responses from the presidents, deans of schools/departments. They're all "Platitude, platitude, platitude. But we have to maintain academic freedom."

"In a manner that doesn't hurt people"

This is the problem: people are hurt by everything. Showing a video where someone says "I wouldn't personally wanna watch men have sex" will get you called before a disciplinary board. It doesn't matter how reasonable the "hurt" person is, they are always right. And if the entire generation is being taught that their over-sensitivity is valid, then that is a recipe for fucking disaster.

This "held accountable" rhetoric is some communist-censorship shit.

"this is not up for debate...try to do so and I'll report you"

Imagine being a professor and trying to teach knowing that a few students have their fingers poised over the "report to authorities" button if they feel less than 100% validated

This is madness, it's literal fascism

there are some childish examples, no need to construct some massive, horrible threat to intellectual development of humanity out of those anecdotes. the whole thing is basically something like an enhancement of not saying nigger and fag in public and being aware of your public, nothing more. professors who make a big deal out of it are either incompetent and are incapable of dealing with such complaints in a convincing manner head on, or simply want to act as some martyr-knight in some faux crusade.

i'm basically with eugene and chen on this one in that it's silly to suggest this is really some genuine censorship corroding our educational institutions, however, i just want to point out that while yes of course you can't just be like "yes, nigger in the back with her hand up, do you have a question?" of course the word ought to be expected to arise in a class about, say, slavery or civil rights. and if in such a class a student is offended, well, they're obviously a nigger.

i'm back btw in case anyone missed me. bitches.

Privilege = rich parents

Other than that, people will always find a reason to treat you like shit, which may run deeper than the color of your skin. I've been personally insulted during job interviews and still got the job. Teach these kids.

If you're gonna shoehorn your social/political agenda into a 7th grade Spanish class, at LEAST find a way to relate it to what you're supposed to be teaching. Otherwise you're just randomly preaching to a room full of people who are there to learn Spanish.

i'd totally vote for Braintree.

we'd get drunk, he'd have sex with all the womens and then we'd master albums while the sun came up.

:beer::catbed::catrecline::music: