IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

55 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Yup. Florida.

lol I'm sure that'll stop all the backwoods floridian cretans from their incestuous thoughts. "well, I was about to go home, get drunk, and bang my daughter, but I saw this billboard, so I decided that'd be a bad idea."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Chicago mall:

Honestly I'm surprised there aren't more incidents like this in any city of over a million people.  Knowing what I do about humanity, I'd place driving a motor vehicle through a shopping mall as a 1/50,000 people kind of thing.  And that still seems pretty remote. If I didn't have impulse control, surely I would drive my van through a shopping mall at some point.  Why isn't this more of a thing?  

a guy flies over from norway to the united states to surprise his father-in-law for his birthday. he knocks on his backdoor and hides in some bushes. he's unaware the early that night, a relative had knocked on his father-in-law's front door and the two had engaged in a major argument. 

when the father-in-law opens the door, the guy jumps out of the bushes to surprise him and is shot and killed. 

this happened in florida

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2016 at 9:17 AM, Nebraska said:

they're probably going to reroute and give it the keystone XL pipeline treatment (which btw was also protested against). another worry is whether (president elect) trump is going to reverse that decision considering he's all for the DAPL

this is what corporations refer to as "a temporary setback"

The Keystone pipeline has spilled hundreds of thousands of gallons of crude oil into North Dakota this week.

"It is one of the larger spills in the state,”

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/468353-keystone-pipeline-spills-over-350000-gallons-of-oil-in-north-dakota

31 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

The Keystone pipeline has spilled hundreds of thousands of gallons of crude oil into North Dakota this week.

"It is one of the larger spills in the state,”

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/468353-keystone-pipeline-spills-over-350000-gallons-of-oil-in-north-dakota

Fuck me. So much for the protests at Standing Rock three years ago. Time and time again, seems like it's indigenous people who get shat on the most by the powers that be. Not just in the US, but also Brazil, Japan, etc.

Edited by ambergonk

America is almost exactly like the one kid who only ever eats Handy Snacks or Lunchables for Lunch. Almost exactly. It’s like an Inception of packaging. Layers upon layers upon layers of packaging. In the end it’s all processed meat and cheese. The artery gets clogged. It makes you wonder where the toy surprise is. It feels like it’s missing. It should be there even though you know it’ll be crap.

• Like 1

I went to a little kid dentist when I was a little kid. Not a Doogue Howser dentist. I mean his clientele was children. The dentist had an open treasure chest full of crappy toys that you got to pick from after the cleaning or filling or whatever work was done. This chest was filled with hundreds of toys and every last one was made to last approximately four minutes in a child's hand. This is Nebraska. This is Oklahoma. You think Ted Cruz is funny? That’s peoples American-style dad. Look at the white man in the driveway. It’s fucked up. He is a goddamn pile of shit. 

Edited by Det Bluto

And you can make a difference with your voice. It’s multiplication. It’s forgiveness.

That feeling you get as the chill hits you at 3 AM in the winter because your bladder rustles you awake for the third time already this evening. You’re trying not to fully wake but you also kind of want cereal. Your milk has no date. It feels like a dream. Frustrating that you can’t find a date on the milk. Your gallon of milk was mistakenly sent out without a date stamp. But you’re still in the bathroom thinking about cereal. How could you examine the milk. It’s still in the refrigerator.

This is contextual BBBut irreconcilable also. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Det Bluto said:

And you can make a difference with your voice. It’s multiplication. It’s forgiveness.

That feeling you get as the chill hits you at 3 AM in the winter because your bladder rustles you awake for the third time already this evening. You’re trying not to fully wake but you also kind of want cereal. Your milk has no date. It feels like a dream. Frustrating that you can’t find a date on the milk. Your gallon of milk was mistakenly sent out without a date stamp. But you’re still in the bathroom thinking about cereal. How could you examine the milk. It’s still in the refrigerator.

This is contextual BBBut irreconcilable also. 

This comment was written by William H Gass

another state to avoid if you're not already avoiding it. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/permitless-gun-carry-oklahoma

Most Oklahomans 21 and older can now carry concealed or unconcealed firearms without having gone through a background check or training requirements, with exceptions for those illegally in the country or who have been convicted of certain crimes.

So, euh, going back to the original point of the thread (non- americans about how they view america, instead of... you know ... americans talking about america.. ? )

Blue line is Trump. The guy tied to the white rope is either the us, or just the gop.

And the world thinks: break free you idiot! It's possible

• Like 1

8 hours ago, goDel said:

So, euh, going back to the original point of the thread (non- americans about how they view america, instead of... you know ... americans talking about america.. ? )

well, y'know, you non-americans weren't really kicking in your fair share, so us americans had to do all the work. ? I mean why are there only some countries meeting their commitment? we're doing the work and losing billions in trade! we're spending too much and you're sending all your pipeline dollars to Russia! but when you look at it - you look at both sides. I think there's blame on both sides. 

• Haha 2

what a dope. kinda sounded like common for a minute there though. if he'd have skipped the black face it might've been funny because those microsoft commercials are prime fodder for spoofing. 

17 hours ago, goDel said:

Blue line is Trump. The guy tied to the white rope is either the us, or just the gop.

And the world thinks: break free you idiot! It's possible

I don't get why people get so worked up over presidents when the real changes happen on the local and state levels.  How about we start paying attention to what our commissioners and representatives are doing before we obsess over the latest white house tenant.

Let's face it, constantly complaining about the incumbent is fundamentally just an escapist activity.  The presidency is little more than a big cringe compilation.