IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

Which is a good thing, I'd argue. As it effectively kills the argument that racism is a thing of the past. Which it clearly isn't. But if people only implicitly show their racist beliefs in public, it becomes a tough sell.

Now that it's more explicit, it's easier to deal with. Or, to put it in even stranger terms: it's a good thing people are feeling free to be blatantly racist in public. (because "the sun is the best disinfectant")

also: RIP pepe

A friend posted in FB this morning about an altercation he had with an assumed trump supporter... Well by the way he acted, I'm sure he was. He was standing in line at some fast food joint when he noticed a dude harassing a muslim woman and her child. My friend stepped in and said to leave her alone... The racist muttered something then my friend took him down in a choke hold and said he wasn't having any of that racist shit! He let go of the racist and he took off running.

I'm sorry, but that's the only way to get through to them.

A friend posted in FB this morning about an altercation he had with an assumed trump supporter... Well by the way he acted, I'm sure he was. He was standing in line at some fast food joint when he noticed a dude harassing a muslim woman and her child. My friend stepped in and said to leave her alone... The racist muttered something then my friend took him down in a choke hold and said he wasn't having any of that racist shit! He let go of the racist and he took off running.

will raise a toast to your friend tonight. 

Damn, respect.

I'm glad he's revealing one of those spineless chickenshits for who they are.

i would have loved that as a kid. Instead I was only allowed chinese stars

me too. it's strange how realistic toy guns were in the early to late 60s yet there weren't nearly as many school shootings as there are nowadays despite the fact that it was much easier to acquire a firearm. what do you suppose happened?

In the 60s you could let off steam by beating up your wife / black people / gay people, or shooting up villagers in Nam. Can't do that kind of thing so much these days (political correctness, I know) so what else can an angry white guy do to chillax?

How Google Took Over the Classroom: The tech giant is transforming public education with low-cost laptops and free apps. But schools may be giving Google more than they are getting. - https://nyti.ms/2rb6fCX

Today, more than half the nation’s primary- and secondary-school students — more than 30 million children — use Google education apps like Gmail and Docs, the company said. And Chromebooks, Google-powered laptops that initially struggled to find a purpose, are now a powerhouse in America’s schools. Today they account for more than half the mobile devices shipped to schools.

“Between the fall of 2012 and now, Google went from an interesting possibility to the dominant way that schools around the country” teach students to find information, create documents and turn them in, said Hal Friedlander, former chief information officer for the New York City Department of Education, the nation’s largest school district. “Google established itself as a fact in schools.”

[...]

“Companies are exploiting the education space for sales and public good will,” said Douglas A. Levin, the president of EdTech Strategies, a consulting firm. Parents and educators should be questioning Google’s pervasiveness in schools, he added, and examining “how those in the public sector are carrying the message of Google branding and marketing.”

Is your friend the poster formerly known as lion?