IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

The strong emotion predictably stirred up by the Soleimani killing and some suspect drumming up of military support in the Australian bushfires has me dreading an election year Trump war. No allies should get involved in any US-Iran nonsense.

13 minutes ago, Roo said:

The strong emotion predictably stirred up by the Soleimani killing and some suspect drumming up of military support in the Australian bushfires has me dreading an election year Trump war. No allies should get involved in any US-Iran nonsense.

The US has the UK in the pocket though. Especially given the coming Brexit. Getting a favorable tradedeal with the US is more important than ever. Supporting the US nonsense might be the relatively easy thing to do. The UK is in a tough spot. 

Edit: good luck with the fires over there, btw. There hasnt been a thread about it, even though there are a fair amount of aussies on this forum. Looks like the whole country is on fire. Hope everyone is doing fine. I know it sounds underwhelming, or with a bit of sarcasm even, but seriously though, I hope everyone is doing well down there.

Edited by goDel

Thanks, sticks! Got it

edit: should rename that thread to "shit happening down under" or something. This years fires is a bit more interesting than this weeks pm

Edited by goDel

2 hours ago, Braintree said:

Lot of balls on him to name a kid Chet.

big up chet baker's parents as well. and chet atkins' folks for having equally as many balls. respekt!

He seems like a total goof.

I kind of agree with his general "we need to stop giving these words so much power" stance though.  Context and intent is everything.  But yeah, clown of the first order.  I feel bad for Tom.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

eRzB9g1.jpg

this girl was expelled from her (christian) school because school officials found the above picture of her where she is celebrating her 15th birthday with a rainbow cake whilst wearing a sweater with a rainbow design. 

according to an email from the head of the school, the picture "demonstrates a posture of morality and cultural acceptance contrary to that of Whitefield Academy’s beliefs” and follows two years of "lifestyle violations."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/01/14/kentucky-christian-school-expels-girl-gay-rainbow-cake-mom-says/4468374002/

• Facepalm 3

24 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

Innit funny how we are bullied into obedience from the beginning on?

indeed. she must be one of those stupid people that "followed her heart" and started acting however she pleased instead of taking into account that other people don't like that kind of shit. if only she took a picture wearing a sweater with the american flag and a cake that showed the troops killing a bunch of muslims none of this would've transpired 

• Like 1