IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

I'd literally never heard of john prine until yesterday and suddenly everyone on social media is the biggest fan ever and is "shocked" and "dismayed" at his passing and talking about how he was "one of the most creative people... ever" ??? I'm listening now and it's nice but this kind of collective social media obit crap is annoying, esp for millenials who act like they have some deep boomer connection to this stuff. like when etta james died 

Edited by dr lopez
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

spacer.png

Mort Drucker, a longtime contributor to Mad magazine known for his caricatures of actors, politicians and other celebrities, died on Thursday at his home in Woodbury, N.Y. He was 91.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/09/arts/mort-drucker-dead.html

One of the greats!

RIP  

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Sad 6

On 4/8/2020 at 9:00 AM, dr lopez said:

I'd literally never heard of john prine until yesterday and suddenly everyone on social media is the biggest fan ever and is "shocked" and "dismayed" at his passing and talking about how he was "one of the most creative people... ever" ??? I'm listening now and it's nice but this kind of collective social media obit crap is annoying, esp for millenials who act like they have some deep boomer connection to this stuff. like when etta james died 

I actually liked the guy and listened to his stuff because I like that era of country music but yeah...I know what you mean. It's also hard not to roll my eyes when I see music publications write gushing news blurbs and sometimes even follow up features on musicians they barely acknowledged in the past.

since we're going obscure on this page (rip to all the above, i'd only heard of malcom dixon though)..

Michael Sorkin passed away last week from COVID.  Great architectural critic and writer.  I highly recommend his book Twenty minutes in manhattan

Edited by markedone
  • Thanks 1

spacer.png

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/jimmy-webb-of-trash-vaudeville-i-need-more-has-died/

This guy was a New York legend. Pretty much anyone who ever spent any time around the east village / saint marks place will remember seeing jimmy around. Not a household name, but instantly recognizable and unforgettable.