IGNORED

Jlin - Dark Energy

YangYing

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone want my CD copy? I will post it to you for free if you are UK.

does gibraltar count

I live right next to RAF Brize and they fly to Gib daily - I could probably get it on board for you

Does anyone want my CD copy? I will post it to you for free if you are UK.

does gibraltar count

I live right next to RAF Brize and they fly to Gib daily - I could probably get it on board for you

hah I was half joking (I live like 45 minutes away from Gibraltar) but that's neat

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I didn't get this album the first time around. Even though I like quite a bit of footwork this seemed to repetitive to me on the first try. However, for whatever reason I decided to give it another try and it just clicked with me hard.

I agree with some here that it falls apart near the end, I don't care for the last 4 tracks with the exception of Expand, but this album has a very unique sense of rhythm, sound palette, and use of space. One of the coolest percussive albums in a long time, sad I'm so late to the party.

Her new stuff sounds really cool, really looking forward to the upcoming EP and album!

me too. although now i'm weary cuz she blowin up

As long as her new album has Hepshepsut I'll be happy. Pretty stoked actually. She is awesome live too

Jlin makes great MUSIC. Period. There should not be debate over this any more than we debate how good Jodey or MNLTH or RX are. All are "derivative" to a point, but all make otherworldly tunes.

Archived