Arent mcd's fish sandwiches supposed to be uncommonly and bewilderingly fresh? Like for all the grey matter they flavor, color, and sell as "food", the fish is supposed to be wild-caught and high-quality and all that

I wouldn't know, anything not on the dollar menu is below me as a superior intellectual

Arent mcd's fish sandwiches supposed to be uncommonly and bewilderingly fresh? Like for all the grey matter they flavor, color, and sell as "food", the fish is supposed to be wild-caught and high-quality and all that

I wouldn't know, anything not on the dollar menu is below me as a superior intellectual

yes, it;s actually fish and it is really fucking good and relatively sustainably caught. the beef is an abortion 

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/10/science/10fish.html?_r=2&no_interstitial&

Given, it's from 2009.

“Most Americans have no clue that hoki is often what they’re eating in fried-fish sandwiches,” SeaFood Business, an industry magazine, reported in April 2001. It said chain restaurants using hoki included McDonald’s, Denny’s and Long John Silver’s.

Ominous signs of overfishing — mainly drops in hoki spawns — came soon thereafter. Criticism from ecological groups soared. The stewardship council promotes hoki as sustainable “in spite of falling fish stocks and the annual killing of hundreds of protected seals, albatross and petrels,” the Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society of New Zealand said in May 2004.