IGNORED

Ceephax Acid Crew - Charismatic Integrity Slam EP

nature

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

yeah. listened to cro magnox just recently and it's still a fucking standout album nothings gonna take away from that.

but ... as a ceephax acid crew ep. this is fucking banging :):) something something apples and oranges^

^ same, we both upped it to youtube so thats saying something!

the world can never have too much vladijenk

VVT1jfq.gif

this made me lol when I saw the video the first time.

I listened to Cro Magnox in bed yesterday. it's still an amazing album, but completely different to this EP and stuff like World Dissolver.

I listened to Cro Magnox in bed yesterday. it's still an amazing album, but completely different to this EP and stuff like World Dissolver.

That's cos it was released as 'Ceephax' rather than 'Ceephax Acid Crew' - different alias for a different sound

^ same, we both upped it to youtube so thats saying something!

the world can never have too much vladijenk

VVT1jfq.gif

this made me lol when I saw the video the first time.

Yeah, that gif was when I cracked :)

Cro Magnox fits perfectly with his other Ceephax albums. This new EP fits perfectly with his Ceephax Acid Crew releases. Have to say though, when I heard the start of the second track on this (originally a Ceephax style track) I kinda felt nostalgic for that typical Ceephax era sound, but his rework was done quite subtle.

Basically, I'm always in the mood for darker Ceephax and not always for this. I am now though, and this EP is TOP.

Vladijenk II represents everything that's wrong with Ceephax these days, everyone's tiptoeing around the fact that this stuff is absolute rubbish, just because he's a cool guy and all doesn't mean that you can't say that this or that work isn't as good as his past stuff. Too much positive reinforcement leads to subpar works like this.

Now this is how good he used to be:

It's the worse version of a track that was coincidently put out 12 years ago... only okay track is really Probey's Pretzel Acid Mix and he ruined it with those FX edits. He already did this style better better in United Acid Emirates anyway when he still had some self control over his production.

It seems most artists either lose it after they get too much gear, too much knowledge or they start balding and they lose the drive.

Vladijenk II represents everything that's wrong with Ceephax these days, everyone's tiptoeing around the fact that this stuff is absolute rubbish, just because he's a cool guy and all doesn't mean that you can't say that this or that work isn't as good as his past stuff. Too much positive reinforcement leads to subpar works like this.

Now this is how good he used to be:

I am also not too thrilled by this release. I'm not completely with vasio, I don't agree "wrong with ceephax these days", since I enjoyed all of the preceding releases; but maybe vasio is referring to just this latest release.

To me, this release simply sounds tired with a lot of ceephax's recent ideas pasted together in a haphazard sort of way. I don't have any tracks really hitting me in the face with a brilliant idea as I am used to finding on at least a handful of tracks on most of his releases; e.g., probey's poker and phaxalot on the previous release, half the stuff on cro magnox, etc. I must say that the old vladijenk is one of my top 5 ceephax tracks (which is saying a lot since he's one of my favorite artists), and I do find the new vladijenk quite bad, a strong victim of this "haphzard pasting of old ideas" issue.

I'll continue to blindly buy ceephax's releases, though. Like vasio, I observe that many artists get tired in their 30s. I am happy to continue supporting them, they have already brought so much...

Vladijenk II is better than the first one (some of the ideas on the first one are a bit better executed, but it seems a bit too repetitive or something in comparison). There's no doubt his arranging and production skills are very much improved over the last 5 years or so. This EP has quite a cheesy trance sound at times, but that's nothing new for him, it's great fun. Cro Magnox was the shit, but this is great too. Hope we don't have to wait as long for the next this time.

I was pretty sure the Charismatic Integrity Slam EP was a bunch of mixes of tracks that he felt were decent enough to release and not meant to be taken super seriously aside from "some people might like these." Cro Magnox feels like a serious album that's incredibly well executed, this felt like a silly EP with some really decent tracks, and not much beyond that. I love both versions of Vladijenk, just as I love Castilian and Arcadian (Castilian II).

Guest bitroast

I was pretty sure the Charismatic Integrity Slam EP was a bunch of mixes of tracks that he felt were decent enough to release and not meant to be taken super seriously aside from "some people might like these." Cro Magnox feels like a serious album that's incredibly well executed, this felt like a silly EP with some really decent tracks, and not much beyond that. I love both versions of Vladijenk, just as I love Castilian and Arcadian (Castilian II).

yesss. vladijenk ii gives me crazy over the top castilian ii vibes.

its hard for me to be too critical or take the other criticisms too seriously atm, agreed. cro magnox was stellar and showed a true maturation of his production and music writing skills, imo imo.

this ep is a little belter and hits the nail on the head as far as little belter ceephax eps go. i still personally feel this ep is stronger than some of the previous eps have sounded on an overall song-by-song-by-song kind of level so i am of course a tad biased here... saying it's sounding tired and cliched and past-it-used-by-date, etc. seems weird when release stands strongly as a refinement of a sound and style the dude himself has pretty much developed on his own.

I'm surprised there's been no love for White Wig Dream. I LOVE this track, possibly my favorite on the new ep. Such nice warm 80s vibes.

It's my favorite on the new EP for sure.

Off-topic: Has anyone in the US received their vinyl? I ordered it right when it was announced, but still haven't received...

Archived