IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

man these came out just in time for the cold, dark evenings to start rolling in

been lusting over my favourite parts, mainly the digital kazoo anthem at about 19 mins in the Krakow set. Interesting it sounds a lot more muted in subsequent sets, in totally explodes out in the Krakow recording. Really cool picking over the variations and changes between sets though.

Saturday can't come any sooner

so I got Dublin and Utrecht.. is Brussels worth it? is it much different from Utrecht?

They're ALL worth it, especially for the discounted price after you buy one. I hesitated at first, too, because why would I need 4 shows that are similar? I bit the bullet anyways since it was such a good deal and man, best decision ever! I can't get enough of these. Yeah, they're similar, but different enough to where it's a whole new experience each time. I can honestly see myself collecting everything they put out, even if it's a TON of shows (hopefully). If they put out the whole NA tour, I'd buy all that too.

But with 4+ hours, I've got plenty to keep me entertained for awhile!

This will probably break really soon because of the way their hosting works but it was fun to make:

https://jsfiddle.net/5m2shzw3/3/

This is awesome. I am learning JS atm so this is a perfect mini tutorial. I will listen to Krakow and pick apart your code. Thanks! :)

This will probably break really soon because of the way their hosting works but it was fun to make:

https://jsfiddle.net/5m2shzw3/3/

This is awesome. I am learning JS atm so this is a perfect mini tutorial. I will listen to Krakow and pick apart your code. Thanks! :)

Oh cool :) I did some weird stuff in there and there are a couple unused functions but I hope it gives you an idea or two! A normal human would probably use jQuery for that css stuff but I didn't feel like it.

Also I ripped that urn() function off Max/MSP.

when the new album drops, i seriously hope they use this as their promo pic.

When? It dropped already you moop, in 4 versions!

Something occurred to me about this release. Ae albums are so nuanced that repeat listens reveal new textures, melodies, elements making them seem alive and new every time.

Now they've effectively pushed that idea to a new level with 4 versions (so far) of the same "album" each of which will reveal new textures on their own AND in relation to each other. Perfect autechrism right there

I think they're just doing an Underworld. Making live sets available. Only slightly more selectively perhaps. Just a couple of selected sets, with a bit of extra mastering and or editing here and there.

A couple of North American sets might still follow, but there's probably some kind of cost-benefit thing behind those kinds of decisions as well. Only a happy few will buy every set made available. As for most people I assume these sets are too similar to buy them all (regardless of what some nutcase fanbois on the internet think). And only a happy few will be interested in buying those more recent sets. Namely, the people who went there. So I doubt we'll see many newer sets.

They do have a catalogue number though. Which kinda says "album". Kinda. But I'd rather have the Underworld version of the story, as in that case it would be more likely that more sets will be made available.

Artistically i don't see the point of an album release after these mastered sets. These showcase their skill and artistry in the live setting to maximum effect and also being in touch with fanbase thinking. Also, perhaps they feel isolated studio versions of the tracks take away from their sprawling, organic, connnected nature.

Its also very different to say, Pearl Jam doing a tour of unheard new tracks, releasing mastered versions of the sets and NEVER releasing an album of those tracks. That would be unheard of unless PJ suddenly started doing instrumental jams. Its the nature of electronic tracks versus songs and the concept of albums in that context. (I pick on PJ as they're known for mastering and selling tons of live sets )

But financially for Warp at least if not the duo, an album would obviously bring in some nice income. No-one can blame them for that, but in the interests of artistic integrity, i don't feel an album would work.

Guest bitroast

Yeah. Im sure all it will take is a new ae album to change ya opinion there. Always room for both.

Autechre 12" club bangers

As amazing as these soundboards are, they don't make up for a new album for me. The albums are completely different... they're more focused ideas that are manipulated to perfection, whereas the a live set is more of a loose jam. If I could only have one or the other, it'd be albums for sure. But from what I've read on here, I don't think sean & rob would want to choose one over the other.

Artistically i don't see the point of an album release after these mastered sets.

Because we don't know what unreleased tracks they have yet I consider your statement to be a rushed nonsense. No to mention the most obvious fact that proper studio tracks tend to be much more elaborate, sophisticated and time-tested. Also, the mix quality of the sets obviously isn't on par with the usual standard AE deliver on their proper albums. Time will tell how much longevity the soundboards have to offer.

As amazing as these soundboards are, they don't make up for a new album for me. The albums are completely different... they're more focused ideas that are manipulated to perfection, whereas the a live set is more of a loose jam. If I could only have one or the other, it'd be albums for sure. But from what I've read on here, I don't think sean & rob would want to choose one over the other.

Yes.

I think they're just doing an Underworld. Making live sets available. Only slightly more selectively perhaps. Just a couple of selected sets, with a bit of extra mastering and or editing here and there.

A couple of North American sets might still follow, but there's probably some kind of cost-benefit thing behind those kinds of decisions as well. Only a happy few will buy every set made available. As for most people I assume these sets are too similar to buy them all (regardless of what some nutcase fanbois on the internet think). And only a happy few will be interested in buying those more recent sets. Namely, the people who went there. So I doubt we'll see many newer sets.

They do have a catalogue number though. Which kinda says "album". Kinda. But I'd rather have the Underworld version of the story, as in that case it would be more likely that more sets will be made available.

In the Plaid subforum Joyrex alluded to the idea that these band specific stores might not be exclusive to live material. Not sure if we can anticipate surprise albums in the near future but I'd expect Warp could be using these storefronts for digital album releases going forward. Not sure what the point of that would be though.

I'm at an hour in for the Dublin set and it just got completely next level mental.