IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

3 hours ago, zaizai said:

85032C74-23BE-45CF-9561-84976F5C7B87.png

in all honesty, this worries me a little: they will return to play in the big festivals, which means that, in Italy, they will play at Club2Club: the worst thinkable place, but also the only Italian festival that can host them. Not to mention the expense: the festival ticket costs at least three times what you would spend if they played alone in a theater.

this guy made this video just to complain about the painful condition in which the live at club2club took place

Autechre, avoid festivals pls, they are a pain in the ass for those who come to listen only to you

Edited by Draft78
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

in all honesty, this worries me a little: they will return to play in the big festivals, which means that, in Italy, they will play at Club2Club: the worst thinkable place, but also the only Italian festival that can host them. Not to mention the expense: the festival ticket costs at least three times what you would spend if they played alone in a theater.

Autechre, avoid festivals pls, they are a pain in the ass for those who come to listen only to you

This.

11 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

boys gotta make their $$$

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Listened to the Melbourne set for the first time, love how the organ stabs transform into this great 8 bit bit with some heavy bass parts. 

Lots to discover here it seems. The variations between the first five are more subtle. There's the obvious banging parts, but there's such an incredible amount of really beautiful, moving, melodic parts in these sets.

Edited by eye
  • Like 1

Dublin: I came to the conclusion that it is the most rich live in details and subtexts (which is also quite predictable being the last elaboration of onesix). If you do not let yourself be distracted by the guide melody, which is repeated for at least 15 minutes, and pay attention to the surrounding sounds, you will discover a constant network of melodies and counterpoints: I have the impression that, if in previous dates, the bulk of the work lies in the supporting structure, in the case of Dublin it is the arrangement that plays the key role.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

man there’s a lot of weird fucking textures all over this onesix stuff. listening to Melbourne now, bells and scraping synth stabs and pumping beats and tiny little percussive creatures and just...shit’s weird and good.

• Like 3

FYI - Looks like that incorrectly dated Melbourne release title has been fixed by now through AE_Store (21st instead of Hobart 22nd). Might have happened several months ago but glad to see the mistake was eventually noticed and correction made.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, markedone said:

Either I cant find them, or the onesix sets are no longer available to purchase on https://autechre.warp.net/??

This was mentioned in another thread. It's still there, but there's no link on the store front or menu.

https://autechre.warp.net/release/185826-autechre-aelive-20162018

Someone here has sent a mail to Warp to see if they could sort this out.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 10:48 AM, Zooluus said:

3CujtCG.jpg

is this anyone else here?

kind of yeah but only because i'm trying to pace myself and not wear out the new releases, and 16-18 is great listening material as a substitute

16-18 grows nicely. sam and froto in their workshop jamming in a long, contemplative freeform, with sharp tools and texture technology. a unique work and a gem. 

Edited by very honest
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

anyone know what this is? supposedly "easter egg" that came w AE_LIVE 2016/2018

https://archive.org/details/AE_ONESIX or https://rateyourmusic.com/release/unauth/autechre/ae_onesix_exclusives.p/

sounds like long fanedits of bits of AE_LIVE 2016/2018 to me. weird that someone would upload this as being legit / bootleg

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, cear said:

anyone know what this is? supposedly "easter egg" that came w AE_LIVE 2016/2018

https://archive.org/details/AE_ONESIX or https://rateyourmusic.com/release/unauth/autechre/ae_onesix_exclusives.p/

sounds like long fanedits of bits of AE_LIVE 2016/2018 to me. weird that someone would upload this as being legit / bootleg

https://www.reddit.com/r/autechre/comments/g1knvk/onesix_exclusives_pack/

looks like fan-made remixes based on bits cut/recreated from the sets? she doesn't seem to explain there but i'm guessing if anyone wants to hunt her reddit comments there may be some more info

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, auxien said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/autechre/comments/g1knvk/onesix_exclusives_pack/

looks like fan-made remixes based on bits cut/recreated from the sets? she doesn't seem to explain there but i'm guessing if anyone wants to hunt her reddit comments there may be some more info

she practically isolated all the differences between the various sets, assembling them into a 3-hour monster: it's an idea that has always teased me, but the amount of work is discouraging: I'm glad someone did, and it seems that the mix is accurate. She have kept both the dublin incipit and the 2016 one, different and both beautiful, and this is proof that it is a very reasoned work. It seems that she did the same thing for AE_LIVE 2014/15, which looks like a Babelic enterprise considering the amount of hours and variations, but unfortunately the work has been lost. It would really be an adventure to listen to.

I don't understand how this was then passed off as an easter egg. Mysteries of human reason.

• Like 3

^that graphic is sweet. 

46 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

she practically isolated all the differences between the various sets, assembling them into a 3-hour monster: it's an idea that has always teased me, but the amount of work is discouraging: I'm glad someone did, and it seems that the mix is accurate. She have kept both the dublin incipit and the 2016 one, different and both beautiful, and this is proof that it is a very reasoned work. It seems that she did the same thing for AE_LIVE 2014/15, which looks like a Babelic enterprise considering the amount of hours and variations, but unfortunately the work has been lost. It would really be an adventure to listen to.

I don't understand how this was then passed off as an easter egg. Mysteries of human reason.

nice, didn't quite have the energy to listen through yesterday, but the snippets sounded interesting. certainly a monumental task no doubt, it doesnt seem like she was trying to promote it as an 'easter egg' but others probably did as it got passed around. sure someone has the initial block of stuff too if you knew who to ask/where to look. the AE subreddit might be a good place to ask obv, but i'm sure some interested parties reading this might have access to it via some torrents or other interwebz backwaterz.

bit surprising more people haven't tried to do this sorta thing with AE, i guess there's a little too much hero-worship associated with R & S. 

1 hour ago, auxien said:

^that graphic is sweet. 

nice, didn't quite have the energy to listen through yesterday, but the snippets sounded interesting. certainly a monumental task no doubt, it doesnt seem like she was trying to promote it as an 'easter egg' but others probably did as it got passed around. sure someone has the initial block of stuff too if you knew who to ask/where to look. the AE subreddit might be a good place to ask obv, but i'm sure some interested parties reading this might have access to it via some torrents or other interwebz backwaterz.

bit surprising more people haven't tried to do this sorta thing with AE, i guess there's a little too much hero-worship associated with R & S. 

at first sight it seems to me that short repetitions of patterns have been created here and there, perhaps to underline something or, more likely, to facilitate transitions. Perhaps this is the only penalty, but it is justified in the event that it was done for necessity. Yes, she is very clear that it is a job done for the pleasure of having a file that summarizes all the steps of the various sets, for a complete listening. The easter egg hoax was born later for obscure reasons. When the first block came out I too thought of creating a frankenstain of this type, then came the second, and the third: it seemed to me an undertaking worthy of Sisyphus and I gave up ... I guess the same thing happened with everyone, except for this heroine: more than 28 hours of material to be dissected and assembled. We are in the inconceivable.

A user in the thread claims to have a link for it, I will make a reddit account and try to ask...

• Like 3