IGNORED

Favourite YouTube Videos

Joyrex

10 minutes ago, auxien said:

this man lost his goddamned mind 

it's Terrology. lols.. he has his own maths that he created or something. it's wrapped up in his philosophy of life. i think he's always been this way. has some wild ideas.. i think it's why he got booted from the Ironman franchise and replaced by Don Cheadle. 

• Farnsworth 2

anybody can think anything they want, but a lot of times people think that by change the map they can change the territory, and i learned that i can safely tune that kind of thinking out unless the symbology itself can be a more useful tool than the existing tools. like a programming language or a new fx plugin. but maybe we're increasingly creating a world where the map is the territory.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rek said:

anybody can think anything they want, but a lot of times people think that by change the map they can change the territory, and i learned that i can safely tune that kind of thinking out unless the symbology itself can be a more useful tool than the existing tools. like a programming language or a new fx plugin. but maybe we're increasingly creating a world where the map is the territory.

yeah, and that sort of thing is where a lot of higher maths and some of the fringe physics lie, which is usually done by experienced, intelligent individuals under care and guidance of peers and so forth…the coding side of things is a bit more wild (and simultaneously boring) and out of my experience really but i’ve seen some of those people who waste a lot of fucking time reinventing wheels. maybe .01% of the time it leads to innovation on their side of things…maybe slightly better percentage on math/physics…either way, reassessing convention, symbology, etc. has its place for sure. but yeah there’s no doubt that the maps are creating the world in some (non literal) sense. 

but then you’ve got loons like Howard who just exploit the experience without grasping the method underlying it all. i’ve gotta watch that 1hour lecture at some point. i need to start smoking weed first probably.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ignatius said:

it's Terrology. lols.. he has his own maths that he created or something. it's wrapped up in his philosophy of life. i think he's always been this way. has some wild ideas.. i think it's why he got booted from the Ironman franchise and replaced by Don Cheadle. 

he hooked up with some other guys (who are somewhat into the same thing he is/or just bought into it) and now has a platform to present his theories