IGNORED

The Caretaker - Everywhere At The End Of Time

triachus

Has probably been posted before but I really dig his take on Imagine. 

I think anybody who has played around with ring modulation and other tricks would recognize it's not very easy to have something as legible but markedly different come out the other end. Easy or difficult in music is a pointless gatekeeping talking point, much more important whether it speaks to you in some way. Some good music is certainly difficult to make and maybe yeah, it'd suck if everybody just pitch shifted ballroom music. But we're not, and V/VM is obviously making an impact on people.  

Edited by chim
  • Like 8

13 hours ago, chim said:

Has probably been posted before but I really dig his take on Imagine. 

I think anybody who has played around with ring modulation and other tricks would recognize it's not very easy to have something as legible but markedly different come out the other end. Easy or difficult in music is a pointless gatekeeping talking point, much more important whether it speaks to you in some way. Some good music is certainly difficult to make and maybe yeah, it'd suck if everybody just pitch shifted ballroom music. But we're not, and V/VM is obviously making an impact on people.  

Manipulating a vocal so it’s still a vocal, but unrecognizable is an art form unto itself 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I've finally written and submitted an article on The Caretaker to the British Journal of Psychiatry. It had a 500 word limit so it's more of an introduction mainly for Psychiatrists just to raise awareness of his work. I'm a Psychiatry doctor still in training and worked for 6 months on end-stage dementia ward.

I find his work incredibly important both conceptually, but also to just enjoy. 

I'll post my article here when I'm able to, not sure if it'll get picked up for publication but I hope it does.

• Like 11

I'd like to write something much more longform at some point once I've finished a couple of exams and have time, and try and link it to actual practice with some of the Old Age Psychiatry Consultants but that will be a major piece of work for another day.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

His tracks are now officially on streaming:

"I don't want it there but it is what it is. Endless bad actors and snide uploaders monetised it [my work] constantly for greed and made what they made. Time to draw a line under this chapter now and look forward to days where I no longer have to issue endless takedown requests, speaking only to bots, fighting my corner completely alone."

https://ra.co/news/79953?fbclid=IwAR31CsXKZt4O3orGyoDOkdgzY2EHug_qL9jQ3O_C2B9xym6QZY2BJF6vK9Q

• Sad 2