IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

18 minutes ago, valleyinaire said:

Next release better be an album. We've had 4 EPs in a row, and although (for the most part) they are thee bollocks, it'd be nice to have something we can sink our teeth into.

Richard just read your post - his eyes widened and he put his hand to his mouth, nervously biting his nails. When I asked what was wrong, that of course he has an album ready to go, his eyes darted towards me and nervously and vigorously shook his head in the affirmative.

I later had to mop up some wee that dribbled off his gaming chair onto the velour carpet, forever staining it (it's fuschia, and the urine reacted with the dyes in the fabric).

• Haha 1

Joyrex, are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay, Joyrex?

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

It's okay Richard - you don't have to pretend. Everyone gets scared from time to time.

*south park voice* They say he's been in that catatonic state ever since that fateful post. There's nothing physically wrong with him... he just doesn't have the will to live anymore.

Edited by Brisbot

Sorry to sound like a grumpy mofo, but I don't expect a new album from Thee Aphex Twin for a few years.

My thoughts are maybe for Warp30 a chunk of remastered Soundcloud tunes, but no new album for a while.

Edited by beer badger

27 minutes ago, beer badger said:

Sorry to sound like a grumpy mofo, but I don't expect a new album from Thee Aphex Twin for a few years.

yeah this, lol. If he wanted to do an album, we wouldn't have collapse currently imho as they're worthy of going on an LP and he'd have saved them for that.

9 hours ago, Brisbot said:

yeah this, lol. If he wanted to do an album, we wouldn't have collapse currently imho as they're worthy of going on an LP and he'd have saved them for that.

Disagree - his EPs contain a lot of his best work.

• Like 1

I'm reckon it's less to do with Rich and more to do with Warp when they come. Also doubt he gives two fucks if they do. Not like there's loads of cash in that these days. The DJ/live shows is what buys the synths. It's nice he gives us anything at all given the rotten state of the record industry. 

20 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Disagree - his EPs contain a lot of his best work.

I didn't say that. I  just said I don't think enough time has gone by for an LP to be dropped really, especially with the Collapse EP release.

I think it's reasonable to interpret "they're worthy of going on an LP and he'd have saved them for that" as implying he saves his best work for LPs, rather than EPs.  You didn't really say that other thing in the bit I quoted.

13 hours ago, Brisbot said:

I didn't say that. I  just said I don't think enough time has gone by for an LP to be dropped really, especially with the Collapse EP release.

I dunno. In the mid 90s he was dropping a new album every year, alongside EPs. It's not unreasonable to expect a new album now, half a decade after Syro came out. 

Anyway, if he holds off for the time being, 2020 could shape up to be a damn fine year for Warp. With absolutely no evidence to back my claim, there's always a possibility for new albums from the big 4

• Thanks 1

idk it's all speculation anyway. I'm just going based on the rate he's released tracks the past 15 years. It's totally possible he has an LP ready. I just doubt he has another LP worth of complex tracks like Collapse or Syro ready, and if he does wanna do another LP of the crazy complex stuff so soon I don't think he'd have come out with Collapse and would have saved the tracks for said LP. After all the tracks off Syro are made from what.. 2005-2014? Collapse probably from 2014/2015-2018. It's barely been a year.

If another LP comes out soon it'll probably be ambient stuff  which is evident from his live sets. 

think it's reasonable to interpret "they're worthy of going on an LP and he'd have saved them for that" as implying he saves his best work for LPs, rather than EPs.  You didn't really say that other thing in the bit I quoted.

well I wasn't and wasn't saying you were wrong to interpret it as such. Which is why I elaborated.

Edited by Brisbot

On 9/6/2019 at 7:17 AM, MIXL2 said:

u mean like everything he has released since syro? :emotawesomepm9:

Apart from CCAI. And Orphaned Deejay Selek. And Korg Trax. And 3 Gerald Remix. And ... well, you get my point. ?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, IDEM said:
On 9/6/2019 at 7:17 AM, MIXL2 said:

u mean like everything he has released since syro? :emotawesomepm9:

Apart from CCAI. And Orphaned Deejay Selek. And Korg Trax. And 3 Gerald Remix. And ... well, you get my point.

I made a big post about this a while back, see 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, MIXL2 said:

I made a big post about this a while back, see 

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, I get that re: Collapse, maybe even Cheetah (even if the A side is slower than anything on Syro), but how does it relate to any of the releases I've listed? Not trying to be a smartass, I just don't hear it. *shrug*