IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

I'm guessing with this new art it's something either ambient or atmospheric and minimal acid techno. Or not. Either way it's going to be fucking awesome and I'm not going to be able to contain myself.

I'd love to hear you express your feelings about this in a poem.

• 1 month later...

I bought several tracks from Collapse Ep but can't make a comment.  Anyone know why or have this problem?

I'm guessing that you need to buy the whole EP?

The site requires at least one track to make a comment so now what?

"To comment on this you have to bag at least 1 track."

I bought several tracks from Collapse Ep but can't make a comment.  Anyone know why or have this problem?

Not having this problem... Are you signed in? 

It might be your ad blocker (if you have one) running - sometimes legit web page UI stuff gets blocked by ad blockers.

It might be your ad blocker (if you have one) running - sometimes legit web page UI stuff gets blocked by ad blockers.

I turned the adblocker off and still no ability to comment.  even tried Chrome.

• 2 weeks later...

so many great tracks released last year. talkin2u has been a big grower, as well as beatiful japanese people, 1st rushup and oslo. stride portugal, for me, was originally the stand-out of the new rushup edge songs, but the others ended up having more staying power.

midi pipe 2c edit is one of my favorite aphex tracks. that and xmas eve t1 are maybe my favorite aphex tracks, currently. kind of cool how they were both released as asides.

from the field day LP, quadraverbia and dx1+5 have made their way in to some of my favorites of the newer stuff, along with more obvious selections like 42dimensiont3 e3, ede 441, and opeldroom. 

adding in stuff like umil-25, serge fenix, oberheim blacet, and cheetah ep, and collapse ep, and there is a pretty significant new sound being unveiled.

Edited by very honest

I've listened to Field Day LP multiple times but it hasn't really resonated like other releases. 'em2500 M253X' is a lush little mysterious tune and I'd be especially interested to know how it was made, quite Bibioesque. 'T23 441' is probably my fav; badass stuttery microtuned mayhem, definitely feelin these two, the others not so much. The giant SWISH sound 44 seconds into 'T08 tx16w dx1 ensemble h949' is just mean, I always forget exactly when it happens and have to brace myself and it freaks me out every time!

Post-Collapse EP I am definitely noticing similarities in the aesthetic approach with Field Day, though these sound more off-the-cuff to me, like jams as opposed to Collapse where everything sounds laboured-over and heavily considered.

so many great tracks released last year. talkin2u has been a big grower, as well as beatiful japanese people, 1st rushup and oslo. stride portugal, for me, was originally the stand-out of the new rushup edge songs, but the others ended up having more staying power.

midi pipe 2c edit is one of my favorite aphex tracks. that and xmas eve t1 are maybe my favorite aphex tracks, currently. kind of cool how they were both released as asides.

from the field day LP, quadraverbia and dx1+5 have made their way in to some of my favorites of the newer stuff, along with more obvious selections like 42dimensiont3 e3, ede 441, and opeldroom. 

adding in stuff like umil-25, serge fenix, oberheim blacet, and cheetah ep, and collapse ep, and there is a pretty significant new sound being unveiled.

Re talkin2u mix2 +9, didnt realize the vocal sample was kavinsky. from the yt description:

a remix of Kavinsky - Nightcall "uses an old ETI vocoder, that I bought off Steve Thomas. http://www.synthi.co.uk/ Oberheim Xpander, System 700, SCi prophet 5,TR-909. Disabledton (*also lol) live on the break. AKG 68k forgot which desk.."

And i agree its crazy the quality of some of the tracks just casually added on to releases. In the case of Field Day, Orphaned deejay selek, they outshine the release itself IMO. Midi pipe 2c edit, rozzbox, and pretend analog, those are some of his best tracks ever..

Edited by Marked x 0ne

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...