IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

23 hours ago, Braintree said:

Some people need to remember that the first year started at zero. The second year was year 1.

Ackchuyally.. Gregorian and Julian calendars don't have a year 0. They just jump straight from 1BC to AD1. And, yes, it's bullshit, but the Roman numerals didn't have a concept or symbol for zero.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zkom said:

Ackchuyally.. Gregorian and Julian calendars don't have a year 0. They just jump straight from 1BC to AD1. And, yes, it's bullshit, but the Roman numerals didn't have a concept or symbol for zero.

What a dumbass.

On 1/13/2020 at 11:39 PM, Braintree said:

Some people need to remember that the first year started at zero. The second year was year 1.

The second year started at year 1 but it was not year 1 at least until year 1 ended and year 2 started. Also, when zero to nine are all individual numbers, how come they are called a decade if they are actually different years?

If year 1 started at 0, maybe it's because the first decade started at 1? And the year basically steps aside for the decade and starts one time unit earlier, because a decade is bigger than a year, kind of like a cluster of years?

2001.jpg

• Confused 2

0 (zero) is a number,[1] and the numerical digit used to represent that number in numerals. It fulfills a central role in mathematics as the additive identity of the integers, real numbers, and many other algebraic structures. As a digit, 0 is used as a placeholder in place value systems. Names for the number 0 in English include zero, nought (UK), naught (US) (/nɔːt/), nil, or—in contexts where at least one adjacent digit distinguishes it from the letter "O"—oh or o (//). Informal or slang terms for zero include zilch and zip.[2]Ought and aught (/ɔːt/),[3] as well as cipher,[4] have also been used historically.[5]

• Farnsworth 1

4 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Before there was nothing.  After there was everything. Between is the eternal now.

was going to ask how long the now is but it's right there already ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Burger 1

3 hours ago, zkom said:

But what was there before there was nothing?

that was one of my earliest thoughts to myself

riding in the backseat of our station wagon

going to church

ok so what was before that

then what was before that

and go all the way back

what was before that

when I finally figure out what's going on

That's going to be my first thought again

what's before this

then before that

and...

it's the journey and all that i guess

who knows

that's the Fun:)

• Like 1

that was one of my earliest thoughts to myself bro riding in the backseat of our station wagon bro going to church ok so what was before that bro then what was before that bro and go all the way back bro what was before that bro when I finally figure out what's going on bro That's going to be my first thought again bro what's before this bro then before that bro and... bro it's the journey and all that i guess bro who knows bro that's the Fun:)

A chicken lays an egg, eats it, shits it out, eats it, shits it out again, eats it, etc. until it dies. Then another chicken eats the remains, layz another chicken, that chicken lays an egg and inside of it is the new BoC album. Martin Shkreli is in prison, trying to figure out a way to buy it to take the place of the Wu Tang album after it was seized by the US government. He does not succeed, so he settles for Moby’s neck tattoo. The egg winds up in the hands of our hero as he treks his way to Mordor. Good thing he is accompanied by a plucky sidekick in the form of a career revitalizing performance from Edward Furlong as a lovesick political refugee with nefarious motives and a knack for chainsaw juggling. The saga begins this summer in select theaters. 

• Like 1
  • Burger 1