IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

On 9/9/2021 at 2:58 PM, ignatius said:

ha! i haven't seen original manga. i guess i should. it seems so out of place sometimes when she's in that get and everyone else is in suits or gear. i get that she needs to go therm optica camo mode whenever. but she's walking around in this get up meeting w/the prime minister or just in the office. they giver pants sometimes i guess. i guess as a series it was part of the marketing for horny fans wanting big anime tiddies or whatever.

5192xDEY0iL.jpeg?v=1571439949

lol, yeah there was one episode where Aramaki basically asked her why she dresses like a slut

So, off and on for most of my adult life, I've had a recurring nightmare -- luckily it's left me alone for some number of years now (though that might just be weed smoke blocking *all* my dreams from memory...) -- the dream takes place in a huge skyscraper, and I usually start somewhere underground, where I have tense encounters with lovecraftian horrors and eventually find an escape through an elevator. Never stairwells, always a damn elevator. It is inevitably some sort of horrible thrashing ride which spins me around like I'm in a washing machine and shows me impossibly dizzying heights through occasional windows. I dread this part so much. Generally, if I'm still going at this point, I will arrive at a very fancy top-level suite, quite polished and professional. The dream varies from there. Most commonly I am forced to hop onto a terrifying roller-coaster cart thing (notably there is never a way to buckle myself to it), so I hold on for dear life as I am propelled around a Bladerunner-esque city scape below, and am taken to a building where the laws of physics are even more broken and I am held aloft in a vast, tall room, with the center of gravity never staying still.

Anyway I've never quite figured out what this dream means, seems like some sort of riff on feeling like I have no control (which is accurate), but idk. The point of this post is that I just stumbled upon a VR game that almost perfectly captures this entire recurring nightmare, from the setting, to the color palette they use, to the various terrors encountered, to the way the laws of physics/mechanics break apart in unsettling ways...

I have to wonder, does it end the same way my dream does if I see it through to the end? Being propelled, alone, to some unknown corner of the universe, to sit in some vague polyhedron with windows for walls, stuck in a stellar nursery with no way home, no gravity, no life support, no communication... awaiting god knows what?

anyway here's the trailer and the steam page if anyone wants to live my nightmare for me.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1429640/HINGE_VR/

Edited by luke viia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1

pointless observation: the mohamed bin zayed al nahyan university launched the first "specialized degree programs for local and international students in the field of Artificial Intelligence" making it one of the most baller universities in the world right now. 

https://mbzuai.ac.ae/

also: "all admitted students on full-time basis are granted upon acceptance the privilege to complete their study with a full scholarship including 100% tuition fees, accommodation , health insurance and a monthly allowance"

EqualLikableBats-size_restricted.gif

• Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

Sup y'all.

I'm sorry to have disappeared. This place is awesome, but after someone sees how I talk/act when I'm off my meds, spewing these literally- insane schizophrenic rants...

It's kinda mind-boggling how cliche  schizophrenic's delusions are: i'm jesus christ  reincarnated, I work for the CIA as well as the aliens-from-the-future who are sending messages via the porch light about how to prevent your thoughts from being stolen or hijacked by one-or-more secret societies and also you should go around town barefoot absolutely stanking of stale urine screaming about the hidden symbology of the Old Testament and the little metal thingies that people  lock their bikes to, well their shaped like such-and-such-a-Greek-letter and we all know what that means wink wink meanwhile the uric acid eminating from your fucking clothing is literally stinging people's eyes and you manic-panic your eyebrows and the aliens-in-the-future are reaching back in time manipulating adverts around nyc thanking you for preventing WW3 and hey why am I being involuntarily hospitalized? I've got so much more important work to do and of course they're slipping poison into my food and the TV in the rec room is talking to me telling me how to escape and p.s. why the fuck is (I swear on my life this is true) my roomie at this psychiatric hospital an extremely old man named john ehrlichman...

Anyway things are much more normal now, but its kinda impossible to live down that kinda image/reputation, so I end up withdrawing, whether online or IRL.

• Like 7

On 9/18/2021 at 12:11 AM, drillkicker said:

Currently planning a move to São Paulo.

B-more to SP...jumping out of the frying pan into the fire, eh? I worked with a guy who lived in Sao Paulo for many years. told me stories about the crazy car jackings, bulletproof cars, etc. that are the norm there. good luck.   

4 hours ago, zero said:

B-more to SP...jumping out of the frying pan into the fire, eh? I worked with a guy who lived in Sao Paulo for many years. told me stories about the crazy car jackings, bulletproof cars, etc. that are the norm there. good luck.   

I don't think you're supposed to have a car if you live in são paulo

She answered with "Aphex Twin ? but not sure if I’ve heard the other two! I listen to a lot of ppl nobody has really heard of haha but also sadly the last year or so have been relying a lot on NTS and a couple other platforms for curation as spend all my computer bandwidth on school/work :/"

Then I told her about the Ae NTS sessions, since she mentioned them, and asked from some electronic gems.  She sent me links to 5 acts I haven't heard of, bandcamps and soundclouds.  I think she's more IDM than me.

• Farnsworth 1